cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is no friend to sellers!!!!!

I am sick of dead beat, non paying auction winners.  If I report them, I have to wait a month for their so called investigation.  Then, I can't leave negative feedback for them.  How do I block deadbeat buyers?  Good luck trying to find it on ebay.  EBAY SUCKS BEYOND BELIEF!!!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Here are some self help suggestions for you

1.  You can block  buyers by adding them to your block bidders list.  Go to the Shortcut block on your SH Overview  page and click on the Block Bidders link. Easy to do.

2.  Use fixed  price listings with Immediate Payment Required option.  We  have and haven't  had a non payer since.  Your choice.

3.  Open a UPI (Unpaid Item) case for buyers that do not pay 48 hours after the auction end.  Then  close the  case 96 hours after you opened the case.  Often buyers will pay when you open the  case.  The buyer will get a strike on their account, they collect too many strikes and eBay gives them the boot.

You can also have eBay automatically open a UPI case - I prefer not to as sometimes  bidders will ask for extra time to pay as the  are waiting to get  paid - some buyers only get paid once /month - like military, teachers, people living on social security, etc.

4.  Set your  buyer requirements to the strictest  settings you can live with.  Go to the Site Preference link in the Shortcut box.  On of the parameters is Block bidders with X number of UPI in a given time period.

5.  No need to send repeated messages inquiring about payment - eBay has already send reminders - too may message will PO some folks.  We used to send a nice payment reminder something like "We have your purchase package and ready to ship.   All we need  is your full payment - when  can we expect to receive. Regards xxxx."  This worked  sometimes - people do get busy and forget.  But we only send it one time shortly after the the initial 48 hour "grace" period.

6.  Don't bother reporting the buyer to and expect to get results.  Opening/Closing a UPI case only requires 6+ days (open to close) and you will get your FVF  credited to you account adn you will  be abel to relist the item w/o issue.

Use the Help & Contact link to fin out more  on Unpaid buyer.

GL

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Wait a month for what investigation?? Someone doesn't pay, 48 hours after the listing ends file an unpaid item dispute.  If they pay, ship. If they don't pay, close it out 96 hours later. This gives them a strike and returns your fees, leaving you free to relist.   Set your settings to block buyers with two unpaid item strikes in the last 12 months.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If I report them, I have to wait a month for their so called investigation.  

eBay does not "investigate" nonpaying buyers. You "report" them by filing an Unpaid Item Dispute after 2 days, and then closing it after 6 days. 

How do I block deadbeat buyers?  Good luck trying to find it on ebay.  

There are two ways to block "deadbeat" buyers. 

First, you use the Unpaid Item Dispute process above, sothat they get a nonpayment strike. Then you set your Buyer Requirements to block buyers with too many strikes. This is a community effort, but it only works if you and other sellers follow the Unpaid Item Dispute process.

Second, you go to the Help & Contact link at the top of any page, type in "block buyer", and click on the  "Blocking a Buyer" page, and click the "Block bidders of buyers from your listings" link. I found it in ten seconds. 

I can't leave negative feedback for them

Negative feedback would be almost useless in stopping a buyer. And if it were allowed, buyers would simply take a few seconds to create a new account and wipe it clean. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You don't have to wait a month!

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

If payment is not made, the seller can open an Unpaid Item Case in the Resolution Center 2 full days after the end of the listing and as late as 32 days after listing ends. This gives the buyer an additional 4 full days. If no payment is made, seller can then close the case, get their final value fee credited, and re-list. This puts an Unpaid Item Strike on the Buyer's Account which prevents non payers from bidding on eBay. If buyer has two or more, most seller have their blocks set to block these bidders. Do you have your Buyer Preferences set? Account Tab> Site Preferences> Selling Preferences> Buyer's Requirements> Edit.

The buyer doesn't pay and you report it as an unpaid item

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You don't have to wait a month for an investigation because they are not going to tell you anything; that is against the Privacy Policy~they don't tell you what, if any, actions they take against another account, and they tell you that up front.

Negative feedback doesn't really help.  You open an unpaid item dispute after 48 hrs, close it 96 hrs later, buyer gets a strike and you get your fees back.  Buyer now can't buy from thousands of sellers if they have just two unpaid strikes, as many sellers use the block~block those with two unpaid item strikes in one year for one year.  Hopefully you have this block set as it eliminates those with 2 strikes.

And you can always list fixed price, immediate payment required.  No more no pays.

You can add non paying ids to your BBL.  (Blocked Bidder List)

There are ways to alleviate your problem if you use them.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply