cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay gives buyer refund for defective item before it was even delivered!

Once again, Ebay shows that they are not concerned with the facts when it comes to buyer refund requests. We had a buyer report receiving the wrong item wrong and broken item. I contacted the buyer  the same day that the complaint was received, the buyer sent the requested picture of the item and it was not what was ordered and it was not what was shipped. We then looked at the tracking....... that same morning, the item was sent from a post office center in Syracuse, NY and was going to MO. The item had not delivered yet! I contacted the buyer  who responded back the same day , "oops I made a mistake, this was something that was ordered months ago from AMAZON and never arrived and Amazon issued a refund - Sorry for y mistake" I contacted Ebay, the CS rep looked at the messages back and forth and decided that it was not my error and I had to do nothing further, Ebay would contact the buyer and close out the case. Ebay kept send me a notice that they had deducted the fuing me notices that the case needed to be closed or it would effect my rating. (even though the item showed as not delivered by the date of the case). Today Ebay sent a message that a full refund had been charged to my account for this defective AMAZON item!.

Is this how Ebay works with sellers?   Gives refunds when the buyer acknowledges the error?

Looking for your response here for other sellers to see Ebay! Also credit me back for EBAY'S ERROR!~

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

This is obviously a mistake on ebay's part.  Whoever you spoke with misunderstood you.  I would get in touch with them and get it straightened out. 

One of the few "item not as described"cases i've won over the years  was one where the customer filled the item not as described case BEFORE he received the item. How can it not be as described before the customer even receives it?  I won that case. I think you can too on this one. 

Good luck and stay safe!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You should have asked BUYER to CLOSE CASE.   Everything is controlled by bots and EBAY will automatically issue refund after certain time period.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The item had not delivered yet! 

USPS tracking is not always accurate, so if a buyer says they received the item, that is good enough for eBay. 

That is why eBay asks a buyer when leaving feedback whether an item arrived on time, instead of just assuming it did not. 

Please understand I am not weighing in on your entire situation, I am only addressing one narrow aspect of it. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply