cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Sales completely stopped in last 2 months October 2022

Hello, I have been on ebay for 20 years selling off and on. I opened my ebay stores in 2013 and have been having great sales until the last 2 1/2 years. Sales have been declining slowly and steady for the last year and a half. 2021 and 2022 have been horrible nothing but a downward spiral..

I have done updating, relisting, sell similar, new listings, new pics, updated coded listings, added promo, having sales 10%-15% off. new titles Nothing is giving. 

I know my listings are not being found on the search results. I'm pretty much ghosted even though i can see them myself. No page impressions.. Not to mention china sellers are always at the top of the search results because of multiple never ending new accounts from the  same seller and low prices.

This is it I'm calling it quits as the business has dwindled to $100 dollar weeks. 

I sell industrial filtering media so the demand will be there. I keep reading how online shopping  is down all around ebay, posh, mercari etc. This is an ebay issue.  Looks like they are weeding out sellers quickly.

ebay sent me a message to try the new beta marketing campaign $500 off **bleep**! to get listings at the top of search results. 

Anybody having a similar experience, I would like to hear from you. 

Message 1 of 259
latest reply
258 REPLIES 258

A carppy landlord that doesnt care for their land* 😄

Message 121 of 259
latest reply

eBay's Failure to Advertise

I see eBay ads on YouTube (when I don't have my adblocker on), on FaceBook in my feed, and on Instagram.

Broadcast and cable TV , the ones that support advertising, have lost a lot of advertisers over the past decade, and most of those watching skew older than the coveted 18-35 demographic.

Advertisers want those buyers because they do buy. They are setting up their first independent homes, marrying, and having children. They are also developing brand loyalties.

Past 50, with the kids out of the house, consumers are downsizing or occasionally replacing, but not really increasing their purchases.

It's interesting to note that some online sites are apparently mouthpieces for large companies. Buzzfeed seems to be about 10% listicles for Amazon products (and literally AZ, not their sellers) and Apartment Therapy advertises renovations and decorations supplied by Home Depot.

About 20 years ago, eBay partnered with Canada Post to showcase small sellers and the postal service. About the same time Country Living was writing "advertorials" about products , often one of a kind, found on eBay.These appeared often enough that it was apparent there was some sort of agreement between the two companies.

Message 122 of 259
latest reply

I’m a small seller, only started last October and was impressed with my sales.  Not now for the past two months all I do is revise listing, find more to post, offered one day shipping and also succumbed to buying promoted ads.  Nothing helps!  I refuse to give 30 day returns. I’m getting ready to give up too!  eBay needs to make it a more even playing ground!

Message 123 of 259
latest reply

I'm pretty sure the market for antiques has been shrinking for a long time. I'm 40 and no one I know in my age range or younger is interested at all in antiques. Even 50 year olds I know. I think the demand is naturally drying up for them.

Message 124 of 259
latest reply

My sales are doing the same thing. 1 to 3 a day if I'm lucky and I am down huge from last year. My sales really stopped when I accepted a large return and the person never sent it back but ebay said I had to extend it to 60 days and withheld my funds. I have always done exactly what they want but my store is done for after I argued that 1 time. I have gone to photography school now to start a new business. It appears my store of 12 years is being taken down. 

Message 125 of 259
latest reply

We have not sold on ebay as long as you, but we have experienced the same scenario.  Of course we are told it is our fault and our account may be suspended.  We are selling mostly the remaining golf merchandise from our business after retirement.  We sold wholesale and we are selling everything below wholesale just to get our money out of it.  

In many cases ebay is making more $ than we recover from items sold.  I often wonder what it costs ebay to provide listings, cost of $ transfers and shipping.

Message 126 of 259
latest reply

You absolutely nailed it.  Ebay has many more unique items than Amazon and  nobody knows it.  

They also need to state a percentage of sellers that are actually small businesses and have people support us vs. Amazon and Walmart.

When I tell people I sell on Ebay, it amazes me that so many people still think Ebay is just selling junk and used underwear.

Ebay needs to hire some better marketing people.  

Besides advertising.   My suggestion is to give sellers a $20 credit for every buyer they have sign up.  Then we can explain the process a little better to them as Ebay is a little different selling environment and they will have a better buying experience right off the bat.

Message 127 of 259
latest reply

When I tell people I sell on Ebay, it amazes me that so many people still think Ebay is just selling junk and used underwear.

Well when i talk to people about Ebay the normal reply i get is: Is Ebay still in Business ?

Message 128 of 259
latest reply

Chill out. It’s the economy. The data is always behind but I’d bet we’re in a pretty bad recession right now and it’s not going to improve for the next 6-9 months. Hang in there. 

Message 129 of 259
latest reply

I'm dealing with the same thing, my store has been selling U.S. Military Surplus items since 2006, and I have never seen it so bad that my store is not even getting views. My sales have been doing ok all year, then I started noticing a drop in sales and views starting in September, I even had good sales and views in August which is not normal, because everyone getting ready to go back to school my sales and view normally drop between late July and the end of August. This time they stayed steady till September, then worse in October, and now all but dead in November. I have had friends that follow me, say they are not seeing any of my items buy maybe one or two on eBay searches, and I have been paying eBay for promoted listings, at this point I starting to feel like eBay is doing some things that I'm not going to say because I do not want to be blocked any worse than I may already be. I know the economy is getting worse, but this is usually when my sales pick up during times of stress because people start wanting to stock up on supplies. 

Message 130 of 259
latest reply

It's finally time to try some other platforms I guess been eBay loyal for 10 years!

Message 131 of 259
latest reply

In today's world, Loyalty means absolutely nothing and we are no more then just a number. Once you leave some other newbie will take your spot and they know it !!!!

Message 132 of 259
latest reply

I just off a chat with them and they told me it could be months before they can the description box to work. They just told be 3 weeks ago it would be fixed in 72 hours. They have no idea what this new tool can and can't do other than make sellers frustrated and leave the site. 

Message 133 of 259
latest reply

Glad it's not just me.  A couple of years ago, my books would have sold within hours and get hundreds of views.  Now I get less than 10 views and no bids unless I list it at any  auction for $0.01.  I've even been burned with my books ending up selling 90% off cover price.   So depressing.

Message 134 of 259
latest reply

Having same issue! I thought it was just me! But have read in past 6 months similar posts about ebay selling issues!! Thanks for posting!!!!

Message 135 of 259
latest reply