cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Price Match

I saw on my local news this morning ebay is doing price with Amazon, walmart and a few more places cant remember them now. The buyer let ebay know and ebay sends them a coupon for the difference to shop on ebay.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Ebay Price Match

This applies only to the "eBay Deals" listings and I believe I read that sellers have to opt-in.

Personally I think it's a good move, I tired of getting emails (mostly from Amazon) claiming massive discounts only to find stuff listed with regular pricing and non-competitive pricing at that.

Price matching and lowest price guarantees are very common marketing techniques.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Ebay Price Match

Yes, but price-matching means you PAY that lower price, not pay the higher price and get a coupon to buy something else.

Ebay Price Match

Well eBay can't very well FORCE the seller to price match can they? It's not like it's eBay's inventory.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Ebay Price Match

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Well eBay can't very well FORCE the seller to price match can they? It's not like it's eBay's inventory.

Give them time .............

Ebay Price Match

I'm not sure even eBay could find a way to do that legally.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Ebay Price Match

@ymeagainlord wrote:
I'm not sure even eBay could find a way to do that legally.

When has that ever stopped them?

Ebay Price Match

With this and the new guaranteed delivery,  I see a lot of disasters coming. And knowing how that buyers here tend to not READ anything, I know that price match and guaranteed delivery is going to cause issued for sellers who did not opt in because the buyers who did not read anything are going to expect a site wide price match policy and guaranteed delivery. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Ebay Price Match

@ymeagainlord wrote:

Well if you want to have your items part of the "daily deals" program they certainly can and they should.

I'm sure there are lots of sellers who would be happy to guarantee they have the lowest price*.

*see offer details for complete terms and conditions

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Ebay Price Match

Well yes, they COULD make it part of the "daily deals" contract, but then how many takers would they get?

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Ebay Price Match

Plenty I'm sure. Are you aware of the quantities that move when they are part of the daily deals?

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Ebay Price Match

I've never bought from any of the daily deals, probably never will, but I am curious as to how many come 'Fulfilled by Amazon'.

Ebay Price Match

I'm sure some sellers in the daily deals use FBA or one of the other (thousands) of fulfilment services. That's the only way many merchants could process thousands of orders per day unless they operate their own large warehouse/shipping operations.

I'll never understand why people think Amazon invented fulfilment, I used a service of this type to pick & pack orders but it was 15 years before Bezos started Amazon and 25 years before FBA started up.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Ebay Price Match

@slippinjimmy wrote:

I'm sure some sellers in the daily deals use FBA or one of the other (thousands) of fulfilment services. That's the only way many merchants could process thousands of orders per day unless they operate their own large warehouse/shipping operations.

I'll never understand why people think Amazon invented fulfilment, I used a service of this type to pick & pack orders but it was 15 years before Bezos started Amazon and 25 years before FBA started up.

Whoever thinks Amazon invented it?

It's been going on since the concept of a 3PL warehouse.

Ebay Price Match

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Plenty I'm sure. Are you aware of the quantities that move when they are part of the daily deals?

No, but I AM aware of how many negs they get for being OOS.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 15 of 19
latest reply