cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Community Post Leads To More Sales???

I find a huge hike in customers visiting my store in the past few days. Once I post something to this community deal. It blows up like a buy one get on free deal at wallmarts. Its crazy. Anyone else use this community page and guidlines to get buyers to come to your store?

I know it is not really what the community is meant for. It is for us sellers and buyers to come together and help eachother out.

Now watch how many comments I get to this post.

Michigan Surplus

Aaron Arthur
Michigan Surplus
Eairtool1
Sale America One
Proauctioneers
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I sometimes thought the more I posted the more sales I made - but I'm using a posting ID so that's just coincidence. I can see those who read the boards liking a particular poster and checking out what the sell as many like to help other sellers in the community.

But it also can have the opposite effect. If someone is nasty - complains and name calls their buyers - there is no way - I would evver purchase from them.

I do often suggest sellers in the community here to friends who are just buyers if these people need what the boardies sell. I have confidence in most all the sellers here that they do right by their customer should a problem arise.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I think people come here for the help.   I think people come here to read about others issues so as to avoid it themselves if they can.     Being a new seller, I have no one to get answers to questions and I trust the people who are here to steer me in the right direction.    I don’t come here to shop.   If others do, so be it.   BTW, I didn’t go to your listings. upside_down

When someone posts a question here, it is common for responders to view their listings for various reasons that don't involve wanting to shop or buy.

I am extremely private, so I would never buy (under this ID) from someone here on the boards since I would not want them to know my name, address or buying habits.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

it's a fact eh eh

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

When good sellers come to the boards, I'll sometimes view their listings.

If it's something I want, I have used my buying account to purchase from them.

Many times I'll review posters listings (including boardies), to study what is selling

and what may not be.

My goal is to study trends and the feasibility of product lines, not to directly compete with them.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

In fact, you can view regular boardies as part of your professional network.

Bubble,  and a dozen strong others have given me very good advice,

both on eBay and trends in general.

I've told people in my local face-to-face network about interesting listings here...

so hopefully I've even driven a few sales to posters.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@18704dwrote:

In fact, you can view regular boardies as part of your professional network.

Bubble,  and a dozen strong others have given me very good advice,

both on eBay and trends in general.

I've told people in my local face-to-face network about interesting listings here...

so hopefully I've even driven a few sales to posters.

Lynn

And you can also view them as your enemy, ready and waiting to report you. So, hey...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply