cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay international shipping for high priced items

EBay international shipping only covers $100 for loss. If I pay for insurance, through eBay, for high priced items does this only cover for travel to the shipping hub or does it also cover for travel overseas to the buyer? If this cannot be done through eBay, how can I insure high ticket items?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Also check to see the maximum amount you can send thru EIS, I'm not looking it up but thought it was $2500.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The insurance you received or purchase only covers eIS purchases to the shipping hub. Shipping from the hub to the buyer is eBay's responsibility.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@fishlingjan wrote:

EBay international shipping only covers $100 for loss. If I pay for insurance, through eBay, for high priced items does this only cover for travel to the shipping hub or does it also cover for travel overseas to the buyer? If this cannot be done through eBay, how can I insure high ticket items?

Where did you get the idea it only covers $100?

Once your shipment arrives at the EIS facility you are covered 100% for any and all claims.

If you mean that the shipment was lost  BEFORE reaching the EIS facility then it's all on you,  if the shipment is valued at more than $100 then it is on you to purchase additional insurance. This would be true for a shipment worth $10 or $10,000.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Also check to see the maximum amount you can send thru EIS, I'm not looking it up but thought it was $2500.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I just looked it up for another topic earlier, that's correct.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You are only responsible for getting package to EBAY hub (if you purchase extra insurance....will only cover shipping to USA hub).   If package gets lost or package during "international shipment" EBAY will refund the customer's money.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Need more information.

You are currently using "media mail".

Direct shipping to the buyer...can add insurance...cost more using USPS.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply