cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY STOLE $44 FROM ME AND GAVE IT TO A THIEF (RETURN/REFUND SCAMMER)

I posted a few days ago and now it is official. 

1) buyer bought and paid for 3 fenton bells

2) after recieving them she notified me and told me that one was broken

3) after sending me photos of a different broken bell (not the one I sold her) she filed a return/refund and did not return any of my return messages. 

4) case was open and closed instantly in her favor

5) i called Ebay twice and both customer representatives saw how both items were different and that the buyer was lying. Both said they could not help me at this time. I would have to wait for the item to be returned to me and then to take photos etc

6) Apparently the buyer told ebay that the item was too dangerous to ship and Ebay ruled in her favor and gave her a full refund without even shipping it back to me. 

I guess I am lucky that it was for only $44 however, it is outrageous. 

I guess I could do the same thing. Buy an expensive item~ claim it was damaged~ ask for a rufund~ get my money back ~ send a different item back to them or maybe none at all~ claim it is hazardous to mail. 

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

@sb691993 wrote:

3) after sending me photos of a different broken bell (not the one I sold her) she filed a return/refund and did not return any of my return messages. 

5) i called Ebay twice and both customer representatives saw how both items were different and that the buyer was lying. Both said they could not help me at this time. I would have to wait for the item to be returned to me and then to take photos etc

6) Apparently the buyer told ebay that the item was too dangerous to ship and Ebay ruled in her favor and gave her a full refund without even shipping it back to me. 

I guess I could do the same thing. Buy an expensive item~ claim it was damaged~ ask for a rufund~ get my money back ~ send a different item back to them or maybe none at all~ claim it is hazardous to mail. 

This return thing is going to snowball! The more users realize that they can get it for free the ones without a conscience are going to do so.

Just think if every one decided to do this with just one item, the mahem it would cause!

I did just have a item that was too hazardous to return. Paint! I bought it and it was damaged in shipping. Took a picture of it at the post office. The post office held it because it was leaking paint. They were not happy about it. I bought it through EBay but It was dropped shipped by The river! Illegally! It wasn't packaged properly for paint and didn't have any hazardous stickers on it.

I showed the seller the pictures and they made it right without me sending it back. Sent me two times the amount I bought. I think the seller was nervous when I told him the river sent it illegally and the pictures from the P.O. must have spook them.

Message 2 of 80
latest reply

Was the item insured @sb691993?   If so, file a claim with the PO and at least get the sale price back.

Message 3 of 80
latest reply

eBay has given these schemers the necessary tools for successfully defrauding the seller. 

Message 4 of 80
latest reply

I had another Return Request opened this morning. Buyer claims "Ordered by Mistake". So I checked all the details, 32 DAYS AGO the item was delivered.

The request opens up to the regular page, with the usual options, except for 'Decline this Return', so I decline and it opens another page with big heading of 'Are You Sure you want to Decline', please consider ACCEPTING the Return for a ' better Buyer experience'. Ha Ha Ha Ha. (sarcasm)

Are you kidding me ????. eBay are now letting through Return Requests OUTSIDE of the 30 DAYS.

I hope this does not go towards the 'limit' of Return Requests allowed before eBay start charging the extra 4% FVF mentioned on here.

This place is just absolutely insane. Up until around 2 months ago I only ever received 4 - 5 returns a year, I've had 4 in the last 3 weeks, ALL have been fraudulent and returned damaged/missing parts, resulting in over $800 in losses, and I DON'T OFFER FREE RETURNS

In addition to that the sales are a pittance less than $500 collectively in the last 7 days, compared to the average of $400 - $600 per day.

I have been an eBay CUSTOMER/SELLER since 2002. If I treated my customers like eBay treats me, I would have been sued. 

Message 5 of 80
latest reply

@needful_little_things - According to the "new" eBay MBG policy,

• A buyer must request a return no later than 30 days after the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, or, if the seller's return window is longer, within the return window.

Sounds like indeed your Return Request was outside the window specified of it was filed 32 days after the item was delivered.

brian@ebay.com, can you weigh in here and explain why this Return Request was allowed since it was outside the return window?

Message 6 of 80
latest reply

@needful_little_things wrote:

I had another Return Request opened this morning. Buyer claims "Ordered by Mistake". So I checked all the details, 32 DAYS AGO the item was delivered.

The request opens up to the regular page, with the usual options, except for 'Decline this Return', so I decline and it opens another page with big heading of 'Are You Sure you want to Decline', please consider ACCEPTING the Return for a ' better Buyer experience'. Ha Ha Ha Ha. (sarcasm)

Are you kidding me ????. eBay are now letting through Return Requests OUTSIDE of the 30 DAYS.

I hope this does not go towards the 'limit' of Return Requests allowed before eBay start charging the extra 4% FVF mentioned on here.

This place is just absolutely insane. Up until around 2 months ago I only ever received 4 - 5 returns a year, I've had 4 in the last 3 weeks, ALL have been fraudulent and returned damaged/missing parts, resulting in over $800 in losses, and I DON'T OFFER FREE RETURNS

In addition to that the sales are a pittance less than $500 collectively in the last 7 days, compared to the average of $400 - $600 per day.

I have been an eBay CUSTOMER/SELLER since 2002. If I treated my customers like eBay treats me, I would have been sued. 

I sure hope ebay isn`t going to clip you for a "case closed without seller resolution" defect. That would be total **bleep** considering they`re giving you the option to decline(as they should!!).

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 7 of 80
latest reply

Seller experience on eBay teaches you how to become a better thief. 

I've been eyeing a few products myself so I can makeup for some of my losses this year.  

eBay - where two wrongs make it right.

Message 8 of 80
latest reply

This return thing is going to snowball!  Marinermikes - unquote 

You can roll that down the hill again . I agree , especially  once the word totally  gets out about the new '' you can use it for 30 days and return it for free '' policy  every dishonest scammer is going to take full advantage . tulips 

Message 9 of 80
latest reply

32 DAYS AGO the item was delivered. hillbillymedia -   

You have every right to keep the decline in place . The fact you've been contacted  and urged by e bay  to accept the return even after the 30 day expiration   simply means  there really is no concern  for the sellers  among those at the helm . Tulips 

Message 10 of 80
latest reply

@sb691993

Was the broken bell she sent you a photo of the one she bought from another seller where she gave them great feedback for making it right for a Fenton bell the PO broke?

Message 11 of 80
latest reply

Back the OPs question now.

@sb691993 wrote:

You need to appeal this.  The buyer should not, for ANY reason be able to keep the item and get a refund unless you decline the return.  If this is the case it violates the MBG.  Call CS and appeal.

brian@ebay  is there some "coaching" that needs to happen is CS on this?  If it was "too hazardous" to ship back it was too hazardous for the buyer to purchase.  They should not be rewarded with free items like this.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 12 of 80
latest reply

The broken bell in her photos to me are of some other Fenton Bell. I have no idea if she bought it on Ebay or not. Where/when/how/why etc, does not really matter. The fact is she tried to tell me that bell in her photos was the one I sold her when it was clearly not. When I brought this up to her she stopped messaging me and entered a Return/Refund instantaneously. 

Message 13 of 80
latest reply

@sb691993 wrote:

The broken bell in her photos to me are of some other Fenton Bell. I have no idea if she bought it on Ebay or not. Where/when/how/why etc, does not really matter. The fact is she tried to tell me that bell in her photos was the one I sold her when it was clearly not. When I brought this up to her she stopped messaging me and entered a Return/Refund instantaneously. 

Appeal it, there should be no such thing as an instant Return/Refund.   There are clearly stated timeframes in policy, so if eBay allowed or helped them be circumvated they owe you the $44.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 14 of 80
latest reply

I had  a return request opened within 2 months of the sale.  Buyer selected "wrong item sent"  First thing I thought was wait, what over 2 months ago this order took place and the buyer was allowed to open a request and 2 months for them to inform me they "received the wrong item?"  But here was my approach.  Here is our correspondence 

Me "I'm sorry what item was received? This was from two months ago.. thank you"

Buyer "I received the correct item from YOU. it appears eBay started the claim"

Me "Oh? Ok would you please close this request out if there is nothing wrong please"

Buyer closed return
Jun 24

The buyer closed the return
Reason for closing
Other"

Needless to say I was unamused     

Message 15 of 80
latest reply