cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropshipping supplier for Home products?

Hello Ebayers!

Would you please recommend me a good dropshipping supplier for home stuff (Furniture,Bedding,Decor etc)? Thank you very much! I always appreciate your help! 🙂

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

As many fine posters on here have said Dropshipping is not a good way to run an eBay business. Many Sellers have lost their privilege to sell on here because of the problems mentioned By previous Posters.

Without saying NO ONE is going to give You their sources for products that they sell. Naturally, why would someone tell You what their sources are for some items and invite competition in an already tight market? That's not going to happen! 

I don't know how the poster discovered that You were from Bulgaria and I don't really know if that is true...but really the concept that I think would help You would help anyone in any country they live in....

So, I go to Dear Google and look up what Bulgaria manufacturers and sends to the rest of the world. Being a Hairstylist the first thing that came to  MY mind was EXPENSIVE face creams, flower oils, aromatherapy etc. Looking it up I was right. There Must be some manufacturers that will make a private label for Your countries well know products that You could sell on eBay. You'd have No competition, small items, not costly to ship, and something People from America and other countries would certainly buy.

Sellers are better off to think of What their area of the World produces and sell those items rather than use a drop shipper and Sell the same things that everyone sells. Each country has exquisite items that their country makes that are More valuable than run of the mill items from another country!  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 17 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Anyone with thos kinds of connections probably hold them pretty close to the chest. That kind of information doesn't come free!

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Sorry to have to tell you this but here's the truth:  No one here will answer this question nicely. 

Other sellers will help you with a lot of information but they will not give assistance when it comes to competing against them in the sales market.  That's understandable.

Additionally, many sellers do care to not use Drop Shippers because there are problems associated with this type of business that can make a mess of your account.  If you want to make quick money, this is not a reliable way.

So, you need to start the way everyone else does:  go do your own research and make sure you look into all the details very carefully.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I understand. I am doing small research but most of the sites I have seen dont seem very trustworthy. I mean there is a membership tax (which seems strange to me). 

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

"Would you please recommend me a good dropshipping supplier for home stuff"

If you want to look stupid on here fast, use a drop shipper. Best advice, if it

is not in your hand, do not sell it.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

NEVER dropship.

I Neg all dropshippers.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Some people here really REALLY .... REALLY don't like dropshippers. Not really the best place to try to find advice on where to find good drop shippers. Plus it's not really the most sustainable business model anyway, lot of things that can go wrong when there's a 3rd party involved. 

Plus there's this whole thing about people that want to file SNADs because you dropshipped.

Bigmotormania
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@best_quality_shop wrote:

Hello Ebayers!

Would you please recommend me a good dropshipping supplier for home stuff (Furniture,Bedding,Decor etc)? Thank you very much! I always appreciate your help! 🙂

Afternoon,

I am surprised that you came here with this kind of question because you must not know how difficult it is to sell here on ebay these days.

It's hard enough to run a successful ebay business with products that you have in hand...being a drop shipper means that you are competing against 100's...maybe 1000's of other sellers trying to do the same thing. Your only advantage is being on the bottom of the pile of everyone cutting prices by pennies to try to be the person who gets the sale.

In addition to this...many here on ebay (both buyers and sellers) do not like receiving goods from someone other than the one they purchased from. It used to be that you had to have the inventory in hand when you listed it...and even though it is not required to have it in hand anymore...the drop shipper better have it or you'll get an "out of stock" purchase and then the flood gates open against you.

If you truly want to make pennies on the dollar and let someone else run most of your business then you better have a REALLY GOOD relationship with your drop shipper...and I seriously doubt anyone here would introduce you to those they have trust in just so they can have another competitor here.

Mr C

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@best_quality_shop wrote:

I understand. I am doing small research but most of the sites I have seen dont seem very trustworthy. I mean there is a membership tax (which seems strange to me). 

This question is like a thief asking you to help him take a $20 from you.

Would you help?

And how and what exactly would you feel like answering?

Because I'm kinda simmering here.

@bigmotormania wrote:

Some people here really REALLY .... REALLY don't like dropshippers.

Yeah I'm going to step outside now, go do something else, take my mind off this.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Smiley Wink Smiley Wink

I have read on the boards where walmart and amazon have been used as dropshippers.

I wouldn't advise using either.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Hi Again,

I just went and looked at your feedback and I think you really need to concentrate on this way before you decide to expand selling here.

2 neutrals and 2 negatives is not good especially for 140 feed backs. Many of us sellers have never had this many and we have feed backs that far exceed 5000, 10,000 and mostly from selling.

The metrics her for selling are far more stringent and a couple of years ago when ebay was doing it's seller "purge" you may very well have been one of those they shut down. Ebay shows no mercy to out of stock items and for not accommodating buyers.

You may need to focus on being diligent on selling only goods you have on hand and described well with excellent customer service for a while to offset those neutrals and negatives.

Mr C
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

You really, really do not want to go down the drop-shipping path! First of all, most manufacturers and distributors impose minimum orders -- quantity and/or dollar amount -- to a given address.  They will not send single items. They will not make the package look like it comes from you - the packaging clearly will show their logo, address and other details.  They may or may not be willing to enclose an unpriced packing list.  They generally will not accept 3rd party returns -- the stuff will have to come back to you.  They may or may not accept opened or damaged returns. They most likely will charge YOU a restocking fee unless the item truly is defective.  In addition, unless you already have an ongoing and excellent relationship with a supplier, you will have to pay up front for all merchandise.  Getting an open account (30 days 1%, 60 days net, etc.) without a brick-and-mortar store is all but impossible. Your best bet is to find a local supplier, select a few items that are known to be popular and actually purchase them.  As they sell, you can replenish your inventory with the same product and/or related items. Bottom line:  Do you really want to sell the same stuff that anyone else (including your retail customers) can buy from the same source -- which you have conveniently revealed to them? ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Looks like they are already using a dropshipper and are shopping around for another supplier.

2 items looked at shows shipping from chicago, but registered from Bulgaria.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

If your problem is finding goods to buy and have on hand to resell to others. I know a few Italian gentlemen in New York and New Jersey who can help you out with obtaining lose cost name brand items that you could resell to others. Also why stop there why not sell cheap chines knock offs from Alibaba that are made from information hacked and stolen from companies. The items are cheap and usually do not work. That sounds like some thing you might be interested in based off of your question and customer feedback.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Your pictures have BestUSA_Shop inkmarked on some of them. Yet your registered in Bulgaria. 

Message 15 of 21
latest reply