cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drafts disappearing when using the multiple listisg feature

So has anyone else ran into the problem of drafts disappearing when you go to save them using the "Create Multiple Drafts" feature?  Also, has anyone else noticed that sometimes when working on a draft, part of the information for the listing vanishes?  If you have, have you contacted eBay about it?  I have had this happen to me on several occasions.  The first couple of times, I just went about my way, cursing, but this time I contacted eBay's Customer Support to report the issue and was told that this was the first time that this issue has been reported.  I find that hard to believe, but is it?  Has anyone else that had this happen to them reported it, or am I the only one???

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I've had the item specifics disappear if I change categories in draft mode.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@krazzykats wrote:

I've had the item specifics disappear if I change categories in draft mode.

That happens even on listings NOT in the draft mode.  If you went to update a live listing and change the category, the ISBs disappear too.  It is annoying as heck, but it has always been that way.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@escarchac wrote:

It has annoyed me for years.  I've never asked Ebay to fix this.  Let's give that a try.

Could we get this on Ebay's radar to fix.  It is really annoying to have to redo the ISBs if we have the need to change the category on a listing.

tyler@ebay 

brian@ebay 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@escarchac wrote:

It has annoyed me for years.  I've never asked Ebay to fix this.  Let's give that a try.

Could we get this on Ebay's radar to fix.  It is really annoying to have to redo the ISBs if we have the need to change the category on a listing.

tyler@ebay 

brian@ebay 

@mam98031 this isn't a site issue, but instead working as designed. Item Specifics are category based, meaning anytime a category is changed the system will load the new Item Specifics fields and clear out the old ones. Even if some of the specifics are the same from one category to another, the information can't be transferred over to a different category.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@escarchac wrote:

tyler@ebay 

brian@ebay 

@mam98031 this isn't a site issue, but instead working as designed. Item Specifics are category based, meaning anytime a category is changed the system will load the new Item Specifics fields and clear out the old ones. Even if some of the specifics are the same from one category to another, the information can't be transferred over to a different category.

That's on be Brian, I knew that.  Not a glitch but by design.  

For me, when I change categories on something, it simply wipes out my Item Specific Fields.  However it is not necessarily true that with the change of categories that the ISBs should or would change too.

For example when a craft book of mine gets listed under Non Fiction books.  All my ISBs would remain the same, but I change the category to be the proper category under crafts.  

So while sometimes wiping them out or Ebay repopulating them may be appropriate, it isn't always the case.  And I for one would really like to ask that this programming changes.  Maybe ask if we want the ISBs to clear or not.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

UPC, MPN, Year, and Brand are the ones, I think, could easily transfer from category to category...

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@krazzykats wrote:

UPC, MPN, Year, and Brand are the ones, I think, could easily transfer from category to category...

Absolutely.  And for me I might add:  Book title, author, publication year and probably something else that isn't coming to me right now.  But yest there are things that would easily transfer.

brian@ebay 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply