cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Donation to charities, is PayPal the only option?

I sometimes find eBay impossible to locate info, circular, and robotic. So I come here…

thank you! 
I received notice that my donations for some sales requires me to pay through PayPal, but it suggests that I can pay via my preferred payment method, but but I assumed that would go through my available funds. I refuse to use PayPal, I was continuously defending scam attempts when I last used it, and even after many years of not using it, I still get phishing and other attempts.

is there another way to honor these donations other than PayPal? Where, how, etc… please don’t send link to eBay help, it’s only frustrating. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@rethink-co wrote:

I sometimes find eBay impossible to locate info, circular, and robotic. So I come here…

thank you! 
I received notice that my donations for some sales requires me to pay through PayPal, but it suggests that I can pay via my preferred payment method, but but I assumed that would go through my available funds. I refuse to use PayPal, I was continuously defending scam attempts when I last used it, and even after many years of not using it, I still get phishing and other attempts.

is there another way to honor these donations other than PayPal? Where, how, etc… please don’t send link to eBay help, it’s only frustrating. Thanks

You said so yourself “ it suggests that I can pay via my preferred payment method”

That suggests to me that you would be paying with your bank or credit card on file. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you find another way let me know.  

From what I have found, the alternate payment method requires putting you CC on PayPal. 

I stopped making donations because of the PayPal thing.  

This Oct. donations are going direct to the local cancer center.  

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I pulled my donations remaining for the same reason. Shame they can’t simplify this, I won’t support PayPal and don’t want my CC “out there.” Ah well, I suppose I’ll get “in trouble.” They say your ability to donate will be at risk. There are other ways to donate that I can control. Thanks

Message 4 of 4
latest reply