cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

Was at my local CVS Sunday night.

Saw a Halloween item that I thought i could re-sell. The price was  $7 marked down to $5.

They only had 2 left. I would have bought 100 of them if I could.

Went home and listed it for $20 + $10 S&H.

One already sold today.

Sure it's not going to make me rich.

Sure the other one may not sell.

Sure I've had other failures in the past.

But this one sure felt nice!    😃

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I once found 25 boxes of hair curling papers made by a now defunct local company. They were a buck a piece and I bought them all - who knows why, for I too have had failures.

They sold like hotcakes - some people purchased several at once, and many went to beauty salons. It was fun to research them, too.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Glad you were able to get to get a bunch of them.

On the rare occasion I find a "winner" there almost always is little to NO supply.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

I have a lot of trouble getting sales.  Posted a 1966 Batman card Monday evening & it sold the next day on best offer.  It's been siting around my home for quite a while.  Even though there was a lot of competition.  What else do I have here that can sell so fast that I have no idea can be such an easy sale?!   lol   

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Any sale is a good sale.   😃

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

I'm always looking for bargains that I can resell when shopping. The best deals come from businesses that are closing though.

I remember when Tower Records went bankrupt back in the mid 90s. I went into their warehouse and loaded up shopping carts full of video games, music CD's, DVDs, etc, all for $1 a piece. I resold all of it at the Solano flea market in California for like $10,000.

The games were all Sega CD games that would've been worth hundreds of thousands of dollars today had I held on to them.

I have a supplier right now thats sitting on tens of thousands of Blu-Rays and DVD's from closed Kmart stores, all a buck a piece. I pay $100 and get a 100 brand new factory sealed movies. Of course I'm not sharing who the supplier is, as I plan to buy a lot more.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Sometimes it's hard to know if a plan will come together.   lol  I bought several 100; maybe 1000 of something & paid a dime or less per item.  I've held on to them for 2-3 years.  Why?  Simply because, when I check the sell thru rate on eBay, it is less than 5%.  There is over 7,000 active listings & a very low 305 sold.  😞  I sold one over a year ago.  No idea how to sell them fast; even at a $1.00 a piece.  lol  $800-1000 would be really handy right now.    😛 

The best I ever did was getting a case of Toronto Raptors flags for $50.  It was the year they went to the finals.  When they won the conference finals, I sold 7 within a hour.  Turned $50 in $600-700 with that buy.   🙂  eBay USED to be so great; at times.  I turned down a buy of 1980s Transformers (NIP & loose) because it was $10,000.  Little did I know I could have gotten my money back within a month plus a nice profit.  It's not easy to put out that kind of money when you don't know the waiting period to get it all back.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

I do love when a plan comes together!! Hasn't happened in a long time for me but good for you! A long time ago I found pocket Bibles in the Dollar Tree for a  buck each. Bought them all and made a tidy little profit. 

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

I love CVS. I joined their club for $5.43 every month. I get $10. to use in store coupon every month in exchange.

I buy my tape and envelopes there at a discount. When you join the club you get these $4.00 off coupons on an item almost every week. Or you get 40 % off or 30 % off total purchase of items purchased. I don't get that at any other store. Sometimes if you buy something you get $5 back as a coupon. Plus buying there you get money added to your account to spend as well from purchases.

I bought a box of band aids there yesterday. It was listed at $4.59 but cost me .16 cents. with coupons and 

20% off on purchases. LOL

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

That is why their a winner!, Limited Availability!

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Remember Sharing Is Caring!

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

@inhawaii 

Being the best seller on eBay, this is what people would only expect from you!  Good Job!!

Have a great day in my island home!!🌴🇮🇴🏖

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

I bought a hockey card off one site for $1.85 and then sold it on eBay 30 mins after listing it for $25. Again, not taking any tropical vacations off this, but it feels good. 

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Was at my local CVS Sunday night.

Saw a Halloween item that I thought i could re-sell. The price was  $7 marked down to $5.

They only had 2 left. I would have bought 100 of them if I could.

Went home and listed it for $20 + $10 S&H.

One already sold today.

Sure it's not going to make me rich.

Sure the other one may not sell.

Sure I've had other failures in the past.

But this one sure felt nice!    😃

Cool beans!

I remember a shnag!  Went to Flea Market and this guy had box of Lionel Trains.  I ask him how much, blows me off... "I've not priced them yet!"

Ok...  Come back little while later, same thing!  In fact he was NASTY about it!

Come back again, this time I paw through it a little... Ask again same thing!

There were twelve or thirteen HO scale engines in the bottom of this big box.  Ask about them...

"Oh they're not worth anything... $100."

Ok done.  How far wrong can I go right?  $8 an engine?  Very least they looked nice or I could have my then Jack Russell Terriers reverse engineer them for good times.

Turn out all imports, not best of the best but worth $125 thereabout's each.  Scccchhhhnap!!!

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Thanks for this post! I saved you as a favorite seller after checking out your store. I lived in Oahu (Ewa Beach) in the early 70s as a child, and was back every year from 1987-1991. Some of your listings brought back memories!!!

Message 15 of 28
latest reply