cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't put the word Amazon in your listing.

After the weekly chat, where I brought up the issue of  getting this error for re-list

It looks like your listing contains a reference to another site. For example, you may be trying to compare prices or mention where this item was purchased. Referencing other sites where items can be purchased, even if you don’t link directly to them, isn’t permitted. Please remove the reference from your listing.

Trinton tested one of my "problem children" and was able to get it to work.  So I rushed over to do my re-list and it didn't work.  sob

Just so others know that the issue is being addressed.

Thanks!

@Trinton

@Tyler

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

@Anonymous

tyler@ebay

You have to have the @ebay or they don't get the page.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@fuzzymae wrote:

After the weekly chat, where I brought up the issue of  getting this error for re-list

It looks like your listing contains a reference to another site. For example, you may be trying to compare prices or mention where this item was purchased. Referencing other sites where items can be purchased, even if you don’t link directly to them, isn’t permitted. Please remove the reference from your listing.

Trinton tested one of my "problem children" and was able to get it to work.  So I rushed over to do my re-list and it didn't work.  sob

Just so others know that the issue is being addressed.

Thanks!

@Trinton

@Tyler

Thanks for this update (and for the tag @dtexley3)!

Is there any way you can get us a screenshot of the error/block you're getting with the URL at the top of the page? We're not finding any automatic filter that's being triggered (even though there definitely seems to be one). 

Thanks so much @fuzzymae!!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I was able to get the item to re-post by replacing Amazon with A South American Jungle, then edited the listing to replace that with the proper wording. At least I have a work-around for the moment.

I just saw your post, Tyler! I will go back and get another example.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

But of course 236,358 listings come up with that name in the title.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Thats better than 30 days Smiley Frustrated

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

tyler@ebaywrote:

We're not finding any automatic filter that's being triggered (even though there definitely seems to be one).

Sure would like to see it *bleeped* here on the boards though.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:
@tyler@ebaywrote:

We're not finding any automatic filter that's being triggered (even though there definitely seems to be one).

Sure would like to see it *bleeped* here on the boards though.

@chrysylys Why?

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Hi Tyler, apparently my notebook is so old it can't or won't do screenshots.  Here is the URL though:

https://bulksell.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList&sellingMode=RelistItem&lineId=173113812481

I hope this helps!

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@fuzzymae wrote:

Hi Tyler, apparently my notebook is so old it can't or won't do screenshots.  Here is the URL though:

https://bulksell.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList&sellingMode=RelistItem&lineId=173113812481

I hope this helps!

Thanks so much for this @fuzzymae - I've been working with @shipscript who was able to get the same error, but was able to 'override' it by continuing with the listing process. Does that work at all?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@fuzzymaewrote:

For example, you may be trying to compare prices or mention where this item was purchased. Referencing other sites where items can be purchased, even if you don’t link directly to them, isn’t permitted.

For what purpose do you want to mention Amazon? That you bought it on Amazon? How much you paid for it on Amazon? Most people don't care and it sounds like the item can't sell on it's own merits.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

tyler@ebay

The plot thickens....

I created a listing from scratch using the content from the one of the seller's listings. When I clicked the button to list an item, a lightbox overlay appeared with the error message. It had two buttons: to go back and Edit or Continue Listing anyway. I chose to list and it posted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222850424759

I then revised the listing to update the condition field and tried again, but encountered the same overlay with the button to continue.  I clicked "continue" and the revision posted.

AmazonTest01.jpg

So then I returned to that listing to "sell similar" and removed Amazon from the title but left it in the description. When I tried to post the sell-similar, I encountered the old style red alert at the top of the page and that alert prevented posting the listing. So that remains unposted. I clicked "save to draft" and it successfully went there.

AmazonTest02.jpg

Then I started another listing from scratch and it encountered no errors and listed!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222850454974

I revised this listing to rearrange the title and the revision was also allowed.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

tyler@ebay

And lastly, I took the third successful listing and created a "sell similar" and it posted with no problems

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222850488289

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

tyler@ebay

The first screenshot in my post is for the revision and has the bid message (sorry, wrong screenshot for your team, but that bid message should not appear in the test category either). The error message on the original insertion had the selling venue error message, which I read carefully to make sure the wording was the same. I had not captured the original screen. Sorry for the  screenshot mixup.

When I again revised that initial listing and changed the word "bid" to "buy", the revision posted without error.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@atikoviwrote:

@fuzzymaewrote:

For example, you may be trying to compare prices or mention where this item was purchased. Referencing other sites where items can be purchased, even if you don’t link directly to them, isn’t permitted.

For what purpose do you want to mention Amazon? That you bought it on Amazon? How much you paid for it on Amazon? Most people don't care and it sounds like the item can't sell on it's own merits.

This has nothing to do with Amazon, who does not have a monopoly on that word.  Did you think Bezos himself coined the word Amazon?

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 15 of 22
latest reply