cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ebay still do that "notify me when it's listed" list?

I can't find it and if it's gone, I just had the fastest sale after listing ever.  Sold in 35 seconds.  I am not making that up.

So, there must still be a way to be notified if your coveted widget suddenly appears?   Because what are the odds of the buyer seeing that exact desperately wanted item almost spontaneously after I listed it?   This wasn't a rare item.

And, dang again, why didn't I list it at a higher price?  stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

And, I just experienced the sales-roll-in-one-right-after-another phenomenon.   The other  items I'm fairly sure were the results of watch lists because they were scheduled to end tonight.

If that wish list ability still exists, would someone tell me where to find it?  That sure would shorten my search time.  Of course, it could be gone because ebay wants us browsing and most likely buying nothing, thus ensuring that fast, almost automatic sale doesn't happen. <---sarcasm font

Soooooo many other places use notifications like that.  I will slightly defend ebay and say that most other places don't have the number of listings that ebay does, even if ebay does overstate that number by a tad.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You need to create a search I think with notifications when the item is found in the search.  Not sure if that would even work if the items sell in a minute.  Sounds like you're in a bad dream.  WAKEY WAKEY 🙂

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

A buyer can save a search but they'd have to be looking just when you listed it.

I've read reports there is software out there that will do continous searches on online sites.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I know I'm not crazy (just old) but there used to be a "notify me immediately" function.  Used with something like a wish list. 

The truly weird thing about the sale is the widget is nothing special and one of hundreds listed.  My price was medium range.

Not complaining, however.   Just pondering.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Sometimes it's just serendipity. You listed right when someone was looking.

I think you're thinking of the Want it Now board that vanished aeons ago.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply