cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you block buyers for cancelling orders?

Just curious if sellers do this regularly.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

No - I only block if they're in my niche and have done something really egregious. That's pretty rare.  Cancelling is just cancelling - I'd rather do that for the buyer than have a return. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I think everyone and every situation is different.  Basically a personal decision. Some are clear cut, some not so much.

Grandma

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Depends on the situation, the item, etc. But yes, I've done it before. If I get the vibe that a particular buyer is more trouble than they're worth, blocked immediately. I'd rather go hungry than deal with **bleep** most days of the week. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@usa-ez-store wrote:

Just curious if sellers do this regularly.

Some sellers will put you on their block list for looking at them wrong.

I'd have to blow off the cobwebs to see if there's anyone on my block list.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I block more buyers from reading their posts here than block I buyers for cancelling orders. 😏

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

>I block more buyers from reading their posts here than block I buyers for cancelling orders.

Good idea. Other reasons for sending buyers to BBL:

1) MBG, INAD. SNAD, INA or any other case opened by buyer.

2) Any type of return request.

3 Asking a question that is explicitly answered in item listing.

4) Lowball best offer.

5) Nasty answer on the boards.

6) Negative feedback left for sellers.

...and many more.

Anyone that looks like they might be a troublesome buyer is a good  general rule.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

My philosophy is this: i am here to sell, not build up my block list. In ten years i have 3 or 4 names on it, cannot recall exactly. If someone is dishonest, then i put them on the list, but that has very rarely happened.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

How do you know they are doing it regularly?  If you have had multiple cancellations with one buyer, then absolutely they'd me on my BBL so they could not longer do this.  And I'd make sure to report the buyer.

If it were a buyer with a single cancellation with me, it isn't likely I would block them unless there was some back and forth between the buyer and myself that didn't settle with me well.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I have never blocked anyone.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

After the changes to PayPal's fee refund policy I do.

The average sale price of one of my items is roughly $3000.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

A lot for me depends on being a niche seller - myself and other sellers in my niche share buyers, so the chances of getting the same awkward individual are pretty high.  If one sells general goods, the chances that this person will come by again are pretty low and it's a waste of energy to sweat it.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I only block sellers that on more than one occasion cost me money. This includes extremely excessive messaging, excessive returns ,  unnecessary complaints, and fraudulent returns. I am not a seller who relies on a set amount of money weekly; so I have no need to block Buyers canceling orders, they save me money in shipping , returns and the PayPal fee so I would rather they cancel then have to handle a return . Which is a loss of time , money and fees. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply