cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to add the description damaged besides for parts and repair

A listing I have I put the condition 'For parts or not working' and described the damage and damage point on the item in the pictures, and it's clear as day. Besides having it in that condition category and having it described for repair in the descirption, should I type out the word damaged if it's not already clear enough?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes, and imo, I would ***star it *** in the description. Also, do not include anything else in the description other than the item name and sold for ****PARTS - NOT WORKING****.  Extra copy that makes any claims in the description can form the basis for an SNAD claim even on an item sold for parts - not working.  Avoid the temptation. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@boxleaf wrote:

Besides having it in that condition category and having it described for repair in the descirption, should I type out the word damaged if it's not already clear enough?

Absolutely.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

"Besides a few slightly bent pins when box "

What does that mean ...  'when box'  ?

Your title also needs to clearly say 'Damaged - For Parts Only'

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

My rule of thumb is if there is something out of the ordinary with a product, mention it 3 times.  In the listing title, in the condition tab, and in the listing description.  Most buyers don't read listings very thoroughly.  It's always best to be overly descriptive, than to get a return.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes, and imo, I would ***star it *** in the description. Also, do not include anything else in the description other than the item name and sold for ****PARTS - NOT WORKING****.  Extra copy that makes any claims in the description can form the basis for an SNAD claim even on an item sold for parts - not working.  Avoid the temptation. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply