cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute a Reserve Fee

These **bleep**s charged my new account $135 for a mistaken reserve fee that I removed at the beginning of auction so my item went through auction without any reserve fee. Since they charged my account before anything sold they put me in the negative and are **bleep** me over really bad by not letting me get the shipping labels for items that have sold and been paid for. It's crazy, they let bogus offers in, charge accounts before the item sell, and falsify account records. My account say I have $590 in sales but my account is -$147!!! How the **bleep**???? Moreover I have not received one penny from anything.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Dispute a Reserve Fee

Sorry but time to change your listing is during the preview stage before it goes live.  Doesn't matter if it is only a few seconds but once it goes live, you are charged the reserve fee no matter if you decide to cancel it or use it.  you missed the time period to change it before being charged.

Why do so many just think they know it all and just posts listings and then complain afterwards about fees without researching them first?  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Dispute a Reserve Fee

Hi @chande-5946 

I'm so sorry this happened.

The 'Reserve' is a Listing fee ... not a selling fee.  You are charged a Listing fee as soon as you click on the button to send the item to auction.  You first are shown the cost of the fee(s) and are told that listing fees are non-refundable.  

You caught your error too late.  Again, I'm sorry.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Dispute a Reserve Fee

As a new user, please read all you can about fee's and charges, paying special attention to the reserve with auctions.

If you contact eBay on social media, they may offer a courtesy refund of fee's given that this is your first time listing, worth a try.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness  http://www.twitter.com/askebay

Send a private message.  Include your user ID, email address, phone number, and a brief

message.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Dispute a Reserve Fee

@chande-5946 

Sorry as soon as you clicked the submit button you were charged for using the reserve and it doesn't matter if you remove it after.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Dispute a Reserve Fee

follow the advice and you may get a one-time courtesy refund (but not with the bleeping attitude)

chill a bit...

"...by not letting me get the shipping labels for items that have sold and been paid for...."

you can pay for your shipping labels with the funds that are being processed..just check the box off on the shipping label page (bottom of page)

after you cool down, read up on auction basics and fees.....you will be much happier

good luck

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Dispute a Reserve Fee

eBay is becoming a blatant rip-off.  Most eBay fees are contingency, so when you introduce a non-contingent fee into the process you are intentionally exploiting a known practice.  It's slimy.  Live by the fine print, die by the fine print.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Dispute a Reserve Fee

Reserve fees being charged at the time of listing has been the case for probably a literal decade.  eBay is no more of a rip-off than any other online venue, and if you don't know your fees before you list, you're doing it wrong.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Dispute a Reserve Fee

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply