cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepencies on Condition when using Mobile Ebay App

I am sure I am not the only seller experiencing this inconvenience.  I use my phone to list most of my items.  I also use the Sell Similar feature to create all of my new listings from previous listings.  Ebay has overlooked the fact you can't be specific with Item Condition on the mobile app, you can choose New or Used and that is it.  On a computer we are able to get specific about the items condition.  So say I use a listing I created on my PC as a Sell Similar option on my phone, it keeps the condition specifics that I put in for the last item (ie; Pre-owned, box is mint, item isn't), but doesn't show it while actually creating the listing.  It does however show after its listed for buyers to see.  I messed up and used one of these listings today with specific conditions, and it showed up throughout 20 listings I posted today.  So I have spent the evening revising my listings to change the condition specifics.  This is a super big inconvenience.  Not all of the listings took on the specifics, but most of them did, some even switch to New after I chose Used.  So now I have to go back and check every listing I have (almost 700) and make sure I don't have the wrong specifics.  If Ebay would just update their app to let us add and change condition specifics on our phones while actually in the listing instead of after the fact, I think most of us could be more productive.  I also worry how this has affected sales, or lack thereof.  Not to mention the risk we take selling to someone who's not going to pay because of the conflicting conditions shown on the listing vs. in the description.  This was only brought to my attention after a customer ( who obviously didn't read any of my description or title, they asked if the item was new, and if it had the cord, my title clearly states NO CORD and my description clearly states this is used and even has personal information on it, lol go figure) caught the mistake and reached out with questions.  Questions that could easily be avoided if Ebay would figure this little inconvenience out and fix it.  I was curious to other sellers' experiences with this.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0