cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different seller same item has product ratings which are from my buyers

I was updating some information on a couple of my items.  I just happend to come across exact same item from a different seller.  They only have the one whereas I sell it on a regular basis.  So I am checking their item out and see that they have a product rating for that item which is 5 star.  This 5 star is from my listing/buyers and I don't understand why it is showing up for them and it doesn't show up for my listing?  They copied my Headline which I just changed a little bit because I was wanting to change key words for better searches (reason I found their listing).  They also have it listed as new which I know what I pay for wholesale and they are selling by bidding and the little bit so far is very far from actual cost which tells me that the item was picked up cheap from someone/somewhere just getting rid of it, so not actual new.  I also see that their headline is incorrect which could get them into trouble with the buyer, but that tidbit is not my concern.  So questions is why is rating showing up for them and not for mine when it is from my buyers?  Can they list an item as new when it is second hand?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How do you know it was used, even if purchased second hand? I often buy brand new, unused items at thrift shops, consignment stores, close out sales ect.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Product ratings are based on product UPC's and are not seller-specific.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

wrote:

So questions is why is rating showing up for them and not for mine when it is from my buyers? 

Did you use eBay's product information when you listed? I suspect that product reviews are tied to eBay's product information database.

Can they list an item as new when it is second hand?

They can do whatever they want. But if they're smart they won't do anything that will cause the buyer to file a Significantly Not As Described dispute later and leave negative feedback impugning their honesty. Which is a likely outcome if they list an obviously used item as new.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

This item is handmade so there is no upc's involved.  I sell same item one with tools and one without tools and the one without tools shows 1 five star rating on my listing. 

No I don't know if it was actually used only that it would be second hand and never had a price tag attached. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply