cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description Super Condensed?

Good morning.

I was just looking at one of my listings that had a watcher and I was looking to make sure that the price was in the range I want it (I always put the MSRP in the description) and I found that the description had been super condensed and unlike my normal listing format.

I also found there was extra boxes now on top of it. Is this part of this new mobile friendly thing they are pushing out? Because this listing is at least 8 months old and I never put any changes to it. I will be looking at other listings to see if they have changed too, but now it's just condensed and it's basically like reading the listing as a paragraph rather than a series of informational sentences.

It also seems to have changed the category from Parts and Apparel > Jackets to "Other" which is confusing to me and I will be taking a look into this...

Bigmotormania
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Yup, its the new "See Description" button I assume your talking about. This format is guaranteed to get you SNAD claims as a sellers.  I think if you clear your cookies, you'll see the normal listing (at least that worked for me).

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The first one is the one that I found with the condensed description.

Condensed.jpg

This is what it's supposed to look like. 

Normal.jpg

Bigmotormania
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@phcd1 wrote:

Yup, its the new "See Description" button I assume your talking about. This format is guaranteed to get you SNAD claims as a sellers.  I think if you clear your cookies, you'll see the normal listing (at least that worked for me).

@phcd1

Cleared my cookies and it's still the same whether I'm logged in or browsing as a guest (not logged in) and there's no "See Description" or "See Full Description" or any button of the like to be found anywhere in the listing.

Bigmotormania
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@bigmotormania wrote:

@phcd1 wrote:

@phcd1

Cleared my cookies and it's still the same whether I'm logged in or browsing as a guest (not logged in) and there's no "See Description" or "See Full Description" or any button of the like to be found anywhere in the listing.

Humm...

That's a new one on me. Are you using Chrome or IE or what? I will say, if you're running Windows 10, W10 does odd things when it wants to update, many times visual related. I would try rebooting.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@phcd1 wrote:

@bigmotormania wrote:

@phcd1 wrote:

@phcd1

Humm...

That's a new one on me. Are you using Chrome or IE or what? I will say, if you're running Windows 10, W10 does odd things when it wants to update, many times visual related. I would try rebooting.

Google Chrome on Windows 7 Professional. 

I'll do some stuff, restart, revise the listing, etc, and if it doesn't fix it I'll call eBay or since it's sometimes more convenient just message Alan or Trinton. 

We will see.

Bigmotormania
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

This one?

3bdd79675974093002b6535c1da40cc7

I see it normally.

fb1fddca9358c389bad865881a3274f6

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I looked at that exact listing and it looks fine on my end. I would reboot and clear cookies one more time before I reboot. Try IE, or Firefox just for grins.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

No it was the Men's Bomber jacket, I revised the listing and that seems to have fixed it, but it was all jumbled and condensed in the revise page as well so I had to go through and fix it. But it appears to be fine now.

Edit

Oops that was meant for @southern*sweet*tea, lol.

Bigmotormania
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Welcome to Ebay where the glitch du jour is always changing. Who knows, someday maybe something will actually be correct.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 10 of 10
latest reply