cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decrease in sales

Hello, is it me or are eBay sales decreased lately. I do not know if it is my account or its something affecting everyone. Please help explain.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Decrease in sales

I was wondering the same thing. I've had 4 sales this month! Which is awful. I'm listing and getting nowhere. Last time it was this bad was two years ago (first few month of COVID/Shut down). Driving me crazy

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Decrease in sales

How do your sales compare with this month in 2019? In 2018?

We should overlook 2020 and 2021 because they were outliers, but use them if you wish, remembering that online sales soared as the pandemic raged and people isolated.

Those four neutrals don't hurt your rating, but buyers who read them might be wary.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Decrease in sales

March started out strong, but as the conflict/war (whatever it is) has continued in the Ukraine....sales have slowed.

Just think folks are wary of the economy right now - worried about the rising costs of everything eroding their disposable income.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Decrease in sales

Your listings and prices are great - things are slow right now, particularly for more 'winter' gear.  I usually have very steady sales but mine are slow, too. One problem for me is lack of inventory so I can't list much - are you listing steadily?  That's key.  Your shipping is very reasonable coming from Kenya, BTW. 

Offline spending is strong, people just aren't shopping as much online right now, and with warmer weather coming in many parts of the world, you're looking at people wanting sandals, not boots and leather shoes.

Just keep going, see if you can mix it up a bit.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Decrease in sales

@shoerepublik-inc wrote:

Please help explain.

USED SHOES

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Decrease in sales

@coolections wrote:

@shoerepublik-inc wrote:

Please help explain.

USED SHOES

That's a very busy market - when I could actually find good pre-owned shoes at a reasonable price, I couldn't list them fast enough. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Decrease in sales

That cold be true but way overpriced for used shoes and add an extra $25 ship cost resulting in the majority to hit the back button.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Decrease in sales

@coolections wrote:

That cold be true but way overpriced for used shoes and add an extra $25 ship cost resulting in the majority to hit the back button.

Look at the 'solds' - believe me, I've been in the pre-owned clothing, shoes and accessories business for a while and they're pretty darned good considering how much (little, all things considered) they have listed and the international shipping cost - they know their brands.

But right now, yeah, with people shopping off line, etc., it's generally slow - transitional season, etc. I'm not surprised - my sales are usually steady even with my low listing schedule and I'm mostly selling DVDs. 🙄

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 9
latest reply