cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with New Ebay buyers who are obviously scammers??

I keep getting buyers with 0 or no history. this makes me very uncomfortable.  can I block someone for having no history?thanks

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Oh I don't I know how things work here already Since 2002 rules have changed because sellers have the right to appeal a case now when lying buyers are trying to get away with everything.
Message 31 of 63
latest reply

@luckybun777wrote:

I have all my right to open an Appeal case against this Buyer If the phone is Damaged.. So right now I am hoping it is not Damaged because if it is ebay will rule on my side so never asume that buyers can always get away with everything because now they can't Rules have Chaged my friend.. So too bad for those scamming buyers now.

----------------

I would be hoping that the phone wasn't damaged so that I could sell it again.

You didn't answer my question asking if you had already refunded the buyer. If you have, ebay cannot take the money from the buyer so the only way for you to be made whole is for them to pay you the money themself.   If you receive the phone back, do you really think that they are going to give you the money back out of their own pocket?  And if you haven't refunded yet, they are not going to tell you to keep the phone and the money. Perhaps they told you otherwise but they don't always tell the whole story.

Anyway, good luck with everything, please let us know what happens.

Message 32 of 63
latest reply

Hey'' I refunded the buyer her money..'' But it is not the end just yet First of all I have been in contact with Ebay all this time they know what is happening with this buyer and myself.. After I receive the phone on Tuesday February 20,2018'' I am not going to unpack it I am going straight to My company''.. And let them Check it out Instead when I sold this phone it was Immaculate working condition Ebay has everything Documented''.. I have been in contact with them almost all the time because this buyer kept cuzzing me out for no reason I reported her about 10 times because she wouldn't stop.. OK Her money was refunded but it has not end yet.. When I get the phone back on Tuesday If my company finds out of any damages they will let me know and have everything documented with them as well and show Proof to Ebay when this phone was working properly before selling it...And Yes I will let you all know this out come witch has not ended yet.
Message 33 of 63
latest reply

Sometimes all you can do is shake your head.

If you've already refunded the buyer I doubt you'll be getting anything back.
Please do keep us updated.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 34 of 63
latest reply

Yes of Course I will keep you all updated I am just Hoping for the best
and there is nothing wrong with the phone.. But lets say if there is..'' I have my right to file an Appeal against the buyer..'' Because the phone was sold like brand new I personally had it connected to my company with no problems and I do know that they keep records of it been connected before selling it.. And that is proof right there.

Message 35 of 63
latest reply

I know this is not related to the original Post here but I needed to share a bad experience I have had with a buyer here on eBay with all sellers

To avoid being scammed by buyers take pictures of what you are selling before they end up in other hands and then they make a claim that is non working or Defective.. I just needed to share my experience here about this issue as well.

I do know that there are buyers that have 0 on their feed backs as well not long ago I won a Laptop on a auction and this person is a Ghost I left messages and I didn't receive no replies or anything back and this person has a 0 as well.
Message 36 of 63
latest reply

Aha! I didn’t look at past items. 😂😂 You know I was kidding, right?  I don’t want you to think I was being rude.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 37 of 63
latest reply

Uh, I don't believe that taking pictures of an item you are selling would make any difference at all if the buyer opened an item not as described case.  And, besides, wouldn't there already be a picture that was in the listing where the buyer purchased the item? 

Message 38 of 63
latest reply

Oh boy are you gonna be disappointed! You can sue anyone in any state. All of what you wrote makes no difference to eBay. They won’t even look at your “proof”.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 39 of 63
latest reply

@lookng2015wrote:
You have a lot to learn about how things work here.

But luckybun777 has sold 3 items, must be an expert. I’m sorry lucky but you are gonna be sorely disappointed with this thing & if you refunded you will not be getting the phone back.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 40 of 63
latest reply

I never said It was not as Described she said that the phone was Non working or Defective If you have proof that the phone worked before selling it there is a 99% chance that the seller can win an appeal to a closed case that was opened against the seller. Simple as that.
Message 41 of 63
latest reply

@luckybun777wrote:

Well I have been in contact with Ebay during this period of time witch I have and they already Know the situation of what is going on yes they will definitely go on my favor.. Are you a Seller or a buyer? Perhaps you are a buyer Defending another buyer That Oviest Is going to happen FYI eBay knows my situation with this buyer already and everything has been documented already..'' I have all my right to open an Appeal case against this Buyer If the phone is Damaged.. So right now I am hoping it is not Damaged because if it is ebay will rule on my side so never asume that buyers can always get away with everything because now they can't Rules have Chaged my friend.. So too bad for those scamming buyers now.

Ebay lied to you, point blank. They’re told to get you off the phone as fast as possible. I think it’s less than 30 seconds or something. Don’t hold me to that but it’s less than a minute.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 42 of 63
latest reply

@luckybun777wrote:
I never said It was not as Described she said that the phone was Non working or Defective If you have proof that the phone worked before selling it there is a 99% chance that the seller can win an appeal to a closed case that was opened against the seller. Simple as that.

Stuff happens in transit to damage things and make working stuff non-working. Buyer wins.  Doesn't matter that it was working when you listed it or even when you shipped it.

THat 99% is actually 0%.  Simple as that.  Sorry.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 43 of 63
latest reply

You’re not getting the phone back. You might get something and you might wanna open it at home. Buyers have sent back rocks, dirty socks, dirty undies & gifts from their dogs, unwanted gifts I can’t say it here but it’s usually left outside by the dog. Do you have tracking?

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 44 of 63
latest reply

If you are getting O feedback buyers like most of us it means Ebay's advertising and marketing are working and they are getting new customers--Praise God, and let them buy!

Message 45 of 63
latest reply