cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged item upon delivery

Ebay was was 4 days late upon original date set, the item was not damaged and it arrived damaged. what should I do I sold through eBay ?!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Has the buyer filed an INAD or just contacted you about?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

"4 days late upon original date" means not much. 

"item was not damaged and it arrived damaged". I guess you mean package outside was not showing damage but inside it was damage. Just return it then...no returns does not mean no returns.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Ebay did not  ship the item.

Buyer should return  for a full refund, with shipping costs paid for by the seller.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It depends on whether you are the buyer or the seller.

If you are the buyer, you go to the item page and click on return with a reason of Item Not as Described. The seller will have to send you a return label if they want the item back and then once they receive the item back you will get a full refund.

If you are the seller and your buyer has filed a NAD claim for damage in transit then you will have to approve the return and have eBay send a shipping label to your buyer from your funds and once you get it back refund the buyer in full or if you don't want the item back just refund the buyer in full.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You appear to be the seller.  Has the buyer opened a claim of some type with eBay or did they just message you? If they just message you I would respond and tell them to open a return request. Ask them to retain the item and the original package as you will be filing an insurance claim with the carrier and the carrier will most likely want them to bring the item and the original package into their local point of presence to substantiate the claim. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply