cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVD listing was randomly pulled for being "counterfeit" but...it's not?

Hi

I just had a DVD listing that was randomly pulled for being "counterfeit", however I purchased the DVD directly from the company that makes it. 100% authentic.

I'm not sure why ebay would think it's counterfeit? Did someone have to report it as being counterfeit?  I'm feeling like the copyright owner fraudulently flagged it as being "counterfeit" to get it pulled because I was selling the DVD cheaper than the official website is selling it for.  

I'm not even sure it's worth fighting, it was a very low priced obscure DVD, however i'm fascinated as to how something completely authentic gets pulled for being counterfeit. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

numisnorway
Trailblazer

It is probably what you say about them not wanting to be undercut. Such is life on ebay..

I had a pleb contact me telling me i was selling a fake a while back and his "proof" was pictures of a completely different object, when i corrected him he even admitted his mistake. Shortly after those messages the item got removed with a stern warning not to try it again. In other words, he reported my listings and then sent me a message afterwards trying to flex his "wisdom".

So even if you have the big guns directed at you which is probably what has happened to you some nobody with no expertise can just claim that it is fake with the result of it being removed anyway even though you have an established perfect track record.

It's a bleepshop at this point.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

numisnorway
Trailblazer

It is probably what you say about them not wanting to be undercut. Such is life on ebay..

I had a pleb contact me telling me i was selling a fake a while back and his "proof" was pictures of a completely different object, when i corrected him he even admitted his mistake. Shortly after those messages the item got removed with a stern warning not to try it again. In other words, he reported my listings and then sent me a message afterwards trying to flex his "wisdom".

So even if you have the big guns directed at you which is probably what has happened to you some nobody with no expertise can just claim that it is fake with the result of it being removed anyway even though you have an established perfect track record.

It's a bleepshop at this point.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I just had one removed too! It's a dvd from 20th Century Fox CINEMA ARCHIVES a legit place to buy movies! I see the SAME MOVIE listed right now,! And I now have a vhs that is from another company Hellfire video when it's a paramount movie (old VHS) now is that not okay to list? I see those too!  I list lots of movies and certainly don't want to sell a bootleg or a non-legit movie, heck I don't want to own one, What do I do for future listings? 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply