cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cumbersome Nonsensical Item Specific Changes

I'm not a big seller on ebay.  I do throw up a few sports cards for sale from time to time.  And I buy a few cards to fill in sets.  So this is just an observation from a very small fish in the pond.

The title of a listing contains much of what I'm looking for when buying sports cards.  Maybe a little more information about the condition would be handy in the item specifics.  And I do take a look at the pictures and the item description provided by the seller in the body of the listing.  

Much of the specific information that they suggest you provide to create a listing today is useless.  Is this an effort to improve the search system?  I can't imagine that all that information will improve anything.  Some of the information that they are looking for doesn't even apply.  So you end up with a confusing listing created by a now confused seller.  Simple is always better.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Most of my card listings they recommend "graded" 99.99999999% of what I list and what I have is NOT Graded. I only have like 4 graded items in my personal collection I don't like the grading concept (that and relics but that is a different conversation) and only 1 of those graded items I am considering listing. Anyway as I said most of my listings they ask me to designate if the thing is graded or not, and then when I mark condition it doesn't accept my "near mint" conditions which many are, they don't have an "excellent" condition which for trading cards would be the next general condition not "very good". Not all of my listings are near mint, but the fresh from a box break or pack opening are near mint. Plus there are many other specifics that they keep "suggesting" or "requiring" that are not truly what that specific is. Card thickness, who cares? You have the standard thickness then usually slightly thicker for autographs and some inserts, then the really thick ones for relic cards. Most card collectors and buyers don't even think about the card thickness until they are storing the cards in their binder sheets or putting them in the penny sleeves and toploaders noticing that they card is slightly thicker than standard. The "season/year" specific is repetitive as the listing's title usually states the year a card is from which most times is part of how you determine which set a card is from "2021 Topps Baseball Archives" tells you a lot about the set right there right off the bat you have the year, manufacturer, sport, set name, season (well it is technically from the 2020 season intended for the upcoming 2021 season) 

~
CaptKirk42
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Plus in my experience, customers dont read them! I get asked numerous questions - the answer is in description and or item specifics - so I know they dont see read the details.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply