cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could anyone tell me where the Q&A section in listings went?

A potential customer asked a question about an item for sale.

I replied and checked the box to send the reply to the listing and to my own email.

Received a follow up question, the check box for adding to listing info was not there. Ok?

Now, when I check any listing there is no Q&A section at the bottom of any listing (mine or anyone’s)

Chrome and firefox…on Vista PC. Cleared cache, cookies etc….etc.
No change…Same result on mobile view.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

eBay is just rolling out the new Q&A updates and listings are starting to show the update.

Contact seller is now located in the seller information section top right of each listing.

Q&A at the bottom of listings are now for buyers and sellers to ask and answer questions about the  product just like on a product community board

*All questions will be publicly shared with buyers and sellers and will fall under eBay's community guidelines like posting on a community board.

So those folk's that try and correct an error seller may have made in the listing or accuse seller of doing something wrong from the Q&A section....Very Bad idea to do, you risk getting the post question pulled and a serious community violation.

New policy update:

"In October 2017, Q&A will be added to View Item pages. After it's added, you may receive an email request to answer a buyer’s question about a product you list. Your answer will be ranked at the top of all responses on your View Item page. Other buyers can view the answers, too.

Buyers who have questions about other aspects of your listing, such as shipping options and returns, will still be able to use the "Ask a Seller" function."

***eBay should not have wrote "Ask a Seller" when it's really "Contact Seller"

When you click Contact Seller, the old Q&A section is available there and you ask any needed question such as shipping options and returns. All product related questions should be posted to the Q&A.

New Listing Product Q&ANew Listing Product Q&A

View Best Answer in original post

Message 14 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

It's now right up at the top of the listing in the box with all of the seller info.  I think it's a great change; it makes much more sense to have it up there than down at the bottom hidden beneath everything else.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

It's now right up at the top of the listing in the box with all of the seller info.  I think it's a great change; it makes much more sense to have it up there than down at the bottom hidden beneath everything else.

I see that but it is for a buyer to ask the seller a question... (I am the seller responding)

The bit I am looking for used to be underneath the item details and said something like 

see Q&A for this item.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I noticed this just tonight, wanted to let a seller know what his item really was...no 'question', so I did the 'contact seller' and that worked plus it tied it to the listing. But why make it harder to ask a question?
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

That wasn't what I saw, all I could find was 'contact seller'....no question anywhere.
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I can not find CONTACT SELLER or  ASK SELLER a QUESTION?

Please help!!!

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@magsmg101 wrote:

@yuzuha wrote:

I see that but it is for a buyer to ask the seller a question... (I am the seller responding)

The bit I am looking for used to be underneath the item details and said something like 

see Q&A for this item.

Hello there. Do you mean the section where we could post buyers questions of the item so other customers could see them? I didn't realize that it was gone. When a customers asks me a valid question about an item, I always used to select "post the question and answer on the listing"

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

@magsmg101 wrote:

@yuzuha wrote:

see Q&A for this item.

Hello there. Do you mean the section where we could post buyers questions of the item so other customers could see them? I didn't realize that it was gone. When a customers asks me a valid question about an item, I always used to select "post the question and answer on the listing"

Yes!! Exactly!!

I responded to the question AND checked the box to put the Q&A into the listing. 

Still nothing today, so not a Thursday glitch.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Look on the right side, top of the listing. There is a block with "seller information".

Use "contact seller" to ask questions. 

Hope that helps.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@magsmg101 wrote:

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

@magsmg101 wrote:

@yuzuha wrote:

see Q&A for this item.

Yes!! Exactly!!

I responded to the question AND checked the box to put the Q&A into the listing. 

Still nothing today, so not a Thursday glitch.

I did find that helpful as many times the questions are the same. If in some cases I need to add extra to the listing, I do, but other times the questions are valid for other customers as well. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

So, you are looking at an item and a question occurs?  

You scroll to the bottom of the page to find that someome else had the same question and the seller answered. No need to repeat the question. Right?

Now where did that conversation go?

If it makes any difference, I use the seller hub listing block.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@magsmg101 wrote:

So, you are looking at an item and a question occurs?  

You scroll to the bottom of the page to find that someome else had the same question and the seller answered. No need to repeat the question. Right?

Now where did that conversation go?

If it makes any difference, I use the seller hub listing block.

I use the same thing too.  I don't understand what happened, unless the change to moving the contact seller deleted that section. Might be an error in programming.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

alan@ebay

Can you shed light on this problem?

I would like anyone looking at my listings to see Q&A already posted, they are not shown under the description.

There is a similar thread here from someone wanting to be able to just ask a seller a question.

Thank you.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

eBay is just rolling out the new Q&A updates and listings are starting to show the update.

Contact seller is now located in the seller information section top right of each listing.

Q&A at the bottom of listings are now for buyers and sellers to ask and answer questions about the  product just like on a product community board

*All questions will be publicly shared with buyers and sellers and will fall under eBay's community guidelines like posting on a community board.

So those folk's that try and correct an error seller may have made in the listing or accuse seller of doing something wrong from the Q&A section....Very Bad idea to do, you risk getting the post question pulled and a serious community violation.

New policy update:

"In October 2017, Q&A will be added to View Item pages. After it's added, you may receive an email request to answer a buyer’s question about a product you list. Your answer will be ranked at the top of all responses on your View Item page. Other buyers can view the answers, too.

Buyers who have questions about other aspects of your listing, such as shipping options and returns, will still be able to use the "Ask a Seller" function."

***eBay should not have wrote "Ask a Seller" when it's really "Contact Seller"

When you click Contact Seller, the old Q&A section is available there and you ask any needed question such as shipping options and returns. All product related questions should be posted to the Q&A.

New Listing Product Q&ANew Listing Product Q&A

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@magsmg101 wrote:

alan@ebay

Can you shed light on this problem?

I would like anyone looking at my listings to see Q&A already posted, they are not shown under the description.....

I'd be glad to help out, but you have 125 active listings. Perhaps if you tell us which one(s) got a question which you answered and checked off the "Post" option...

Message 15 of 18
latest reply