cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition "NEW" not an option. Why? See pic.

Im not being given the option to select "New" for a bunch of new items I have to sell. I called eBay support and have come to realize that they  pass all concerns to their tech team to help solve it and never get resolution with any of my last three problems. What to do? I just want to set it to "NEW" because I get a message telling me that it will be required soon and I don't want the visibility of my items to be hurt, and I also want to describe my items accurately to my buyers.Screenshot_20210530-210733.png

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Got it. They need to offer the "new" option because it's far too presumptuous of them to assume a new card manufactured as a single is does not exist.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

What are you trying to sell?  

Can you use a previous template and do sell similar?  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

In what category are you trying to list @spacechakra?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Non-Sports trading card single

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Not sports trading card single. I suppose I can try that, but I also have a bunch of listings I need to update

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@wastingtime101 Non-Sports trading card single

Thank you for asking. I should have said that

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Solved: Listing of Gem Mint Non-Sport Trading Cards requir... - The eBay Community

See this thread - it is evidently a known issue for your category

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@katzrul15 thank you.

So they are on the same boat. Tech is"looking into it" . Hopefully not indefinitely but really it feels hopeless when they give me that answer.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

This isn't a glitch, it's an intentional change. Single cards were removed from a pack, therefore technically not "new" once removed. When eBay made so many changes to trading cards a few weeks ago, item conditions were part of the change.

In the linked thread that eBay rep suggests e-mailing your feedback to the team that handles structured data, but doesn't say it's a glitch. She confirms that a lot of sellers are confused by the change, but never indicates that the change wasn't intentional. Tech isn't looking into anything.

I looked in search at the singles card category and there are currently 2 conditions: used and not specified. Not specified will eventually vanish since condition is a soon to be required specific and the only option is used.

I suggest selecting used (since it's the only option) then use the condition field to accurately describe the condition as mint or whatever applies.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Got it. They need to offer the "new" option because it's far too presumptuous of them to assume a new card manufactured as a single is does not exist.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

E-mail sdsupport@ebay with examples of singles that were sold by the manufacturer as singles. Providing valid reasons to reconsider the condition fields, you might have a shot at getting them to change it.

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

There are very few trading cards that don't come in a package. You will not be able to sell single cards at all as new. I refuse to use the "used" as the cards I sell are not used. Whoever is making this decision does not know anything about selling single trading cards. This needs to be corrected in the system. There are some sellers that the majority of their listed items are for new single cards. Where do we do for help?

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

eBay's probably not going to add back the New option since these cards were part of a larger package, and cards that were originally sold by the mfr as singles are so few and far between. What do you propose as a more accurate condition than Used, @tackyt65?

Since all singles will be listed as Used, it's not like buyers can filter you out in search by selecting New so the playing field is level. Replacing the Condition filter will be the Card Condition filter which offers the options of:

singles.png

Card Condition is exactly how buyers will find your new(ish) cards now that New/Used is no longer a choice.

I don't sell in this category, but I do buy in this category. As a shopper, I don't mind the new options at all. Having said that - as a seller in other categories, I appreciate that it's a pain to update all your listings. Use the bulk edit tool to change the condition to Used and select the appropriate card condition. Something brand new out of a larger package would be Mint so that's easy to bulk update.

Any of your cards that have imperfect corners, etc probably already have the Used condition and Near Mint or Very Good card condition applied so those listings wouldn't have to be updated.

Downside: I don't think Condition Notes can be updated in bulk. If you wanted to add something like "Unused, mint, single card removed from multi pack," under Condition Notes, then that would take a while updating listings one at a time. I feel your pain on that one - been there myself in other categories.

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@tackyt65 I recommend that everybody emails sdsupport@ebay.com with legitimate examples of new singles as I did. They replied and it sounds like they are going to take actionable consideration towards this gross oversight. They also claimed that they will keep me posted on updates, so I will keep this going up until we hopefully get an acceptable solution, whatever it may be.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I've had a lot of success with getting item specific changes made through sdsupport, @spacechakra. I'm not entrenched enough to pull examples of trading card singles sold as singles out of my hat. I thought they were pretty rare. Since you have examples to support the request, that strengthens your case and increases the chance of getting them to make the change. 👍

GLORIOUS!

Message 15 of 22
latest reply