cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints against sellers

Why is it that ebay sides with poor sellers time and time again? I recently purchased a pair of items that the seller advertised for sale. Turns out they only shiped one becasue that is all they had. Not 2 of them. They initially charged me shipping for both items. After I complained they stopped the order. What a hassle. That is why I am sending more and more of my purchases to Amazon. ebay does not care about buyers. Last year I purchased a rear cargo mat for our Ford Flex. Had to actually make the Flex selection with the seller. He charged me for the large Flex mat but sent a smaller one for a Buick Enclave.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Have you filed SNADs for the items? You're covered by the MBG, but not if you don't use it.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@rpip6945 wrote:

Why is it that ebay sides with poor sellers time and time again? I recently purchased a pair of items that the seller advertised for sale. Turns out they only shiped one becasue that is all they had. Not 2 of them. They initially charged me shipping for both items. After I complained they stopped the order. What a hassle. That is why I am sending more and more of my purchases to Amazon. ebay does not care about buyers. Last year I purchased a rear cargo mat for our Ford Flex. Had to actually make the Flex selection with the seller. He charged me for the large Flex mat but sent a smaller one for a Buick Enclave.

OP,

Can you explain exactly what you mean by "eBay sides with sellers"?

In neither case you cited did you state that you filed a dispute. Without a dispute, eBay cannot side with anyone.

Lucky

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

OP, you have obviously never sold anything on ebay.

Right now there are hundreds of selling posters in shock and wondering what alternate dimension you are living in and when can they move there.

(*Bleep*)
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@rpip6945 wrote:

Why is it that ebay sides with poor sellers time and time again?

That's funny. eBay never even sides with GOOD sellers.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

as first I thought this was a joke thread but I guess you are serious.

1. you know you are on a sellers board ...right?
  2. I am not sure what you are complaining about...
  3. why are you posting anyway...telling everyone that you are going to Amazon.....go ahead. 
  4. How come in YEARS AND YEARS I have never ( just once) had a problem with a seller?? 
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

The OP is complaining about why eBay allows these type of sellers to sell anything on eBay.  Now of course, there is no way eBay can control everything some sellers do.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

So true, they only assist and protect scamming sellers, most of them from foreign contries, because they can only get money (back) from GOOD US sellers.

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@rpip6945 wrote:

Why is it that ebay sides with poor sellers time and time again?

That's funny. eBay never even sides with GOOD sellers.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

The only requirement for selling on Ebay is a computer and a pulse, as one regular poster so eloquently puts it. Honesty, decency, brains and business sense are not requirements.

It's hard for Ebay to police 26 million individual sellers, so it's up to the buyer to do their research. It's also 99.99999% impossible for a buyer to lose money on Ebay with the money back guarantee.

Amazon actually SELLS things, so they can offer a hassle-free experience. Ebay sells NOTHING, people tend to forget that, or they don't know that. Ebay rents space to individual sellers.ranging from the occasional closet cleaner to Ebay's golden children, scam Chinese sellers.

If you get an item that's not as described, file a not as described complaint in the resolution center, escalate if necessary, print off the enclosed return label, mail off the widget and get your refund.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

i,m responding against seller where i purchased a silver .925 bracelet and the cost was $52.00 plus $10.00 for shipping now, he sent the item by MEDIA MAIL which was his cheapest way the item was lost by the post office and i still have to pay for it the seller was wrong sending it that way!  he got his $62.00 and i'm out $62.00  Please do not buy anything from this seller his name is geoffrey zwerling, 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@emcb9827

This is a one year old thread.  You need to start a new thread with your problem

You can't post his name or user name, they're against policy.

You can file Item Not Recieved on eBay for 30 days, with Paypal for 180 days.

You will get refunded by them if you didn't get your item.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Sweetie, sorry for the bad experience, but AMZ is not going to protect you any better than Ebay in a bad transaction and I am sure they have plenty of them there as well. Good luck on AMZ,

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

the problem is the tracking says it was delivered to my adress  IT WAS NOT!  the post office says  that no carrier was in the vicinity at the time it was supposedly delivered  the local p/o scanned it for delivery but  never came  SO somebody ------up and i'm out $62.00

Message 13 of 13
latest reply