cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come On ebay! Seriously

Come on already! How long is this lack of everything going to last. We need sales.

pgozzy
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Come On ebay! Seriously

eBay can't force people to come here, Google has to send them, that or eBay has to do vertical advertising to bring them in outside of Google traffic, for example if eBay wanted to bring in buyers for heavy equipment there are many construction magazines in print and online they could advertise in.

Think about this, when a new user gets here he or she looks at the eBay home page and leaves the site because they have no idea what to do next because it is a confusing maze of photos, looks good but performs poorly.

eBay would be better off if the home page looked like Craigslist, at least it gives the users an idea of what is actually on the site, eBay shows users a bunch of flashing ads that no one is interested in.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Come On ebay! Seriously

Baby steps.  Instead of taking that giant leap of faith from "list to sale", try to be a little more open to a new way of thinking. 

ebay, these days, is much, much more about the free advertising and marketing.  If you smell what's cookin'?

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Come On ebay! Seriously

And it certainly wouldn't hurt if eBay's search engine wasn't such a mess...

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Come On ebay! Seriously

@megadestroyers wrote:

Baby steps.  Instead of taking that giant leap of faith from "list to sale", try to be a little more open to a new way of thinking. 

ebay, these days, is much, much more about the free advertising and marketing.  If you smell what's cookin'?

You mean like small geese?  😉

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Come On ebay! Seriously

And once there, it has to be a friendly site.  People today have the patience of a fly, they are not going to sit here for hours trying to find what they want.

And that it why I agree with ebay about removing stagnant items and why I am so against free listings.

Less listings and more quality with sellers taking time to actually list them in the right categories and give all the info needed without making it a guessing game.

Today's buyer, if he can not find it fast and all the info he needs is not there is going to move on.  And if he sees a few like that, he is going to leave the site.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Come On ebay! Seriously

Agreed.  Perhaps it's updates they're pushing?

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Come On ebay! Seriously

April-May are the months that, over recent years anyway, have consisted of major rolling blackouts for U.S. small sellers throughout the U.S., on ebay.

Why?

Simple: China shipping routes have started their busy season (which won't end until shortly before the year does). Do not confuse this with the T-PP that the U.S. withdrew from in January- China is not a party to it.

Counterfeit Central and Big Box are once again rampin' up and rollin' in. eBay has rolled out the red carpet.

...and we eat crow, yet again!
Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Come On ebay! Seriously

here is how my world is going (and thousands of others):

Jan-41
Fed-10
March-19

April-14
May so far- 5

Those are the sales numbers.

Here is what my 36 item view/watch count looks like now. Keep in mind these figures are WILDLY different from what they were looking like over the previous months above.

1. 0/0
2. 4/1
3. 3/0
4. 0/0
5. 1/0
6. 2/0
7. 1/0
8. 0/0
9. 0/0
10. 4/0
11. 2/0
12. 4/0
13. 1/0
14. 0/0
15. 2/0
16. 0/0
17. 3/0
18. 11/0
19. 1/0
20. 7/0
21. 0/0
22. 0/0
23. 0/0
24. 0/0
25. 2/0
26. 4/0
27. 0/0
28. 0/0
29. 0/0
30. 13/1
31. 2/0
32. 5/0
33. 10/0
34. 3/0
35. 5/0
36. 0/0

Now, these figures above are purely the result of technological change, server shenanigans. Nothing else. Nothing to do with buyer preferences, commercial marketplace trends, or seasonal changes with e-commerce. Been selling the very same sort of products for many months (years, really) now.

It is happening to my account, and thousands of others. And small wonder that the one item of those 36 that I actually do have a bid on, is the CHEAPEST starting price item I've listed.

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Come On ebay! Seriously

You can't trust eBay stats no more than you can trust the numbers on the search engine, the search engine states 'no results' on many searches then lists the very same item under that line every day........

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Come On ebay! Seriously

@cal_w62 wrote:

You can't trust eBay stats no more than you can trust the numbers on the search engine, the search engine states 'no results' on many searches then lists the very same item under that line every day........

I totally agree- eBay "massages" the numbers to advance whatever agenda du jour

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Come On ebay! Seriously

Ebay definitely needs sellers to help them design a home page. I have vowed to NEVER ever look or buy anything that is photographed on Ebay's main page. If I go to ebay, its to list stuff and never to buy c--p that I can get at the mall......The idea of a page like Craigslist home page is a very good one.
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Come On ebay! Seriously

eBay hired designers, one specifically who left the company a while back, they liked all the flashing banners and photos instead of functionality for the user, with mobile coming on as a larger percentage, ebay is going to have to fall out of love with their flashing photos in a hurry or the site is going down like the Titanic.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Come On ebay! Seriously

@emerald40 wrote:

And once there, it has to be a friendly site.  People today have the patience of a fly, they are not going to sit here for hours trying to find what they want.

And that it why I agree with ebay about removing stagnant items and why I am so against free listings.

Less listings and more quality with sellers taking time to actually list them in the right categories and give all the info needed without making it a guessing game.

Today's buyer, if he can not find it fast and all the info he needs is not there is going to move on.  And if he sees a few like that, he is going to leave the site.

And more room for more cheap junk from China etc?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Come On ebay! Seriously

I just had a second look at the home page, it is a bigger abomination than the last one which was a rip off of Pinterest.

The first thing I noticed was an awful Geico ad banner at the top and under eBay's flashing moving banner at the top, what a terrible job they did with this home page, any new user will leave eBay as soon as they get here.

That is the absolute worst home page in the history of the internet....

Devin, you should be reading here, because you need a lot of help to keep the Titanic from the bottom of the sea friend.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply