cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining items

A buyer wants to purchase multiple items. How do I send him a combined price and then an invoice?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Combining items

Does he have to actually purchase the items first? Then I send an invoice before he pays?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Combining items

A couple of options and a couple of hurdles. 

1. Probably the easiest way is to create a custom listing for all the items the buyer wants with total price and 

the calculated shipping and coordinate with the buyer on the timing of the posting so they can purchase

it as soon as it is available. Use BIN/IPR for the listing. 

2. Buyer can attempt to place items in the shopping cart and once everything has been selected they    

can complete the checkout process. The cart has been known to have some issues with combined 

shipping if your items are all set to BIN/IPR and there may be issues if you are accepting best offers

on the items and the buyer has to provide a payment method before they make an offer. Once you 

agree to the offer it is an automatic instant payment. 

3. Buyer can purchase items individually and when you go to ship them you can simply use the same

tracking information on each of the orders, pack everything into one box and issue a shipping discount

refund to the buyer for any excess postage they may have paid. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Combining items

Does he have to actually purchase the items first? Then I send an invoice before he pays?

This depends on how your listings are setup but once the buyer makes the purchase eBay will send them an invoice. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply