cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined shipping/invoicing

I had a buyer purchase three items last night.  I immediately sent an invoice with combined shipping.  When I pulled up the invoice on one of the items, it showed that one person bought all three.  So, I adjusted the shipping and sent the invoice with the new total for all three items plus shipping.  I just estimated the shipping based on twenty years of knowledge, but I don't recall the exact amount I quoted.  I know it was $9.00 and change.

When I went to print shipping labels this morning, eBay only combined two of the three items, and it appears that the customer paid the full shipping cost for the three items separately. 

I can't seem to find a copy of the invoice I sent, or the actual amount the buyer paid.  I don't want to contact the buyer, that just opens a can of worms.  But, I don't want them to think I cheated them either.

Is there a place I can see the invoice I sent?  Is there a place I can see the actual total dollar amount the customer paid?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Not sure how to see the invpice sent but to see the amount paid go in the seller hub overview click on the orders section, find the order(s) and click the blue arrow to open the invoice(s).

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

When I go to seller hub, it doesn't show invoices.  It does show order details.  That's where it appears they paid the full shipping amount for the three separate orders.  It won't cost anything close to that.  I just don't know if I should issue credit, or how much. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I just went through a similar shipping challenge where a customer bought six items. However the orders and invoicing only combined the orders into 3 separate shipments because the original listings had different shipping methods in the posting, 1 was first class, 2 were media mail and 3 were priority mail. The items were fixed price and had an immediate payment required so the buyer had already paid. I used the eBay label creation to figure out the best way to ship the items without impacting the service and wound up shipping three separate packages. 

There was a significant difference in the combined shipping on the 3 priority mail items so I refunded the buyer the overcharge through the drop down menu in the orders interface. There was a minor difference for the first class shipping package which I also refunded. 

If you go to your orders and click on the view order details it will show you what the buyer paid for the combined shipping. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

"When I go to seller hub, it doesn't show invoices"

It vanished, it was there last week and I used this feature all the time.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Once you actually combine and package the items together and purchase the shipping label you will know the actual shipping cost. Whether you elect to refund any overage is totally up to you. I do this all the time with combined shipping because at times the actual shipping cost is significantly less than what the buyer paid and I feel it is the right thing to do. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

That seems to be the issue.  Two items were over a pound (including the box), the third was only a couple ounces.  So, the third item was offered as First Class postage.  Now, I can easily ship all three items Priority.  It will be under three pounds (under two pounds if I skimp on packaging - I won't).  The third Item won't add any additional cost since it was so light.  It appears the customer was charged for a four pound package plus about $5 for the third item.  Shipping cross country, it's a significant difference. 

I guess I'll trust what "order details" says and issue a credit.  I just wish I knew what I originally quoted for shipping.  Why would it be so hard to find the invoice I sent?  (I know the answer, the great minds at eBay.) 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Some things are difficult to find on eBay. 🙂  Not sure why you sent an invoice I since eBay does that automatically. I am on the easy coast and often ship cross country as well and have found that the regional boxes (A and B) often reduce the cost of shipping priority mail items across the country especially when the weight reaches a certain threshold. Priority mail cubic is also a cost efficient method although you have to use something like Pirate Ship to get the labels since eBay does not offer this option. 

I can send a 4 pound regional A box from Virginia to California for about $12 and for about $10 using priority mail cubic. Regional box B is about $22 while priority mail cubic is around $13.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply