cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codeless Coupon question

I have several buyers whom order from me religiously (well quite a bit) and would like to offer them (only them) a discount for anytime they decide to order next (instead of only getting discount when I run markdown sales eligible to anyone through the listing). So I've been in codeless coupon section, done everything need to enter, the only question is can I share the generated link with those buyers through ebay email? They will have to copy and paste the link into their browser since urls are not clickable through ebay mail but this is only way can deliver the discount offer as I removed myself from social media many months ago.  

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Codeless Coupon question

@nuclearomen  sending that link through eBay messages should work just fine.  You aren't encouraging off site sales, so there should be no issue there.  Like you said, they will have to copy and paste the link, but as far as I know that should work.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Codeless Coupon question

@nuclearomen  sending that link through eBay messages should work just fine.  You aren't encouraging off site sales, so there should be no issue there.  Like you said, they will have to copy and paste the link, but as far as I know that should work.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Codeless Coupon question

i had called ebay just to clarify a portion of the create process for codeless coupon...took 5 different reps to answer i simple question...finally got connected to a rep in marketing dept who know what they were talking about... unbelievable!  

But codeless coupon is designed to be shared off ebay also, in your own networking or website.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Codeless Coupon question

Yeah, the codeless coupon procedure is not exactly intuitive. Which is one reason I'm glad it will soon be replaced by a coded coupon. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Codeless Coupon question

yes, I've read that in the update...waiting to see how this will be, hopefully very easy to create and give to buyers! I also seen in the update that they are going to activate the feature of newsletter we have had option for but never worked (in the 3 years I've had store anyways) so you can communicate with buyers on new products etc... still not sure if users will have to subscribe, but would be nice to send out mails once in awhile let people know of new stocks or coming special offers etc... 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply