cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check this out!

I just got a bid on an item with ZERO VIEWS!!!  Just curious how do you think that is possible?!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Check this out!

🙂 Don't know how that can happen but personally, I would just be happy to have gotten a bid and would not pay attention to how many views it has. 

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Check this out!

@jerrythecrazyguy wrote:

I just got a bid on an item with ZERO VIEWS!!!  Just curious how do you think that is possible?!

I have listings all the time that haven’t a view but there are watchers. 

This is only a guess…. 

They saw the auction clicked and bid. 
Views are from buyers who sort of linger on the page leave then go back to it. This could also be when you see that there’s an item with interested buyers in your seller hub. 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Check this out!

Be happy for receiving a bid. 😎🙏

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Check this out!

I think it's possible views are not updated and displayed in real time. 

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Check this out!

"I just got a bid on an item with ZERO VIEWS!!!  Just curious how do you think that is possible?!"

Congratulations!  
Without taking a look at your listing(s), I would say you must have an excellent title and main photo for your listing, and a good starting price.   Which is worthy of congratulations also!  
Crossing fingers that your buyer is sincere.  

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Check this out!

Oh, it's possible.  I have sold several items that have had no views.  I have so little faith in the view counter that I turned if off a long time ago.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Check this out!

Could it be promoted and shown on another site?

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Check this out!

@ebooksdiva wrote:

@jerrythecrazyguy wrote:

I have listings all the time that haven’t a view but there are watchers. This is only a guess…. 

People can watch a listing without having opened (viewed) it.

Capture.PNG

1.PNG

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Check this out!

a blind person made the bid?

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Check this out!

@jerrythecrazyguy wrote:

They put it on their watch list from search results, and then bought it from their watch list. Neither of those register a "view". 

And it they viewed it and put it on their watch list and it was there for more than 30 days, the view would have rolled off the view count.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Check this out!

@luckythewinner wrote:

@jerrythecrazyguy wrote:

They put it on their watch list from search results, and then bought it from their watch list. Neither of those register a "view". 

@luckythewinner 

Great theory, except the OP stated his listing received a bid, not that it was purchased. Can a member place a bid from their watchlist without viewing the listing? If so, how does one go about doing that?

@eburtonlab 

@wastingtime101 

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Check this out!

Why am I being tagged? I did not post on this thread and I don't see a question. Do you need my help with something @pburn?

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Check this out!

Although there is a "bid now" button on the Watch List page for auction items, using that button opens the item listing and likely results in a "view".

eburtonlab_0-1672879769512.png

Though, as you indicate, I do not know how quickly those view numbers are updated, so it is certainly possible that the item can sell without the view count being immediately updated. Or the view count may simply be wrong.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Check this out!

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Why am I being tagged? I did not post on this thread and I don't see a question. Do you need my help with something @pburn?

@wastingtime101 

I noticed you gave the relevant post  a "helpful" and thought, since a "helpful" usually indicates agreement with the content, you would know the answer to the questions I indeed did pose in my reply:

"Can a member place a bid from their watchlist without viewing the listing? If so, how does one go about doing that?"

That's why you were tagged in the post. I need your help answering my questions (reposted above). Since you agreed with the content of the post, the implication is you know how a person can bid from their watchlist without viewing the listing.

Thanks in advance for helping out with the explanation.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply