cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chargebacks - Adyen - Sellers

Posting this because I want to know if it helps anyone in a situation as above title

Search all you can on the Adyen site > 

https://www.adyen.help/hc/en-us/categories/360003007559-Disputes-and-chargebacks

I can't actually try anything out to see how helpful it may be as

1. Not in America and

2. Not in a CCCB situation

Adyen US Ph Number: United States: +1 (415) 367 1502  

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 1 of 195
latest reply
194 REPLIES 194

I'm pretty sure that eBay is the "seller" as far as Adyen is concerned. 

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 2 of 195
latest reply

Op is posting this info becuase Adyen is the payment processor who handles chargebacks.

Message 3 of 195
latest reply

Yes, I understood that.

My observation was merely that the eBay seller is not the customer of Adyen... eBay is and because of that, I don't think the sellers here on eBay have any way to work directly with Adyen regarding chargebacks. Usually it's only the merchant account holder who can do so. In other words, eBay.

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 4 of 195
latest reply

...Adyen processes money for eBay, not eBay's sellers...

...when charge back occurs, eBay will say "not my circus, not my monkey"...and so not eBay's money to be lost, it's the sellers money...

...when people realize how much is too much they can't financially afford to keep losing, then the only way to deal with either Adyen or eBay is calling off the businesses...

Message 5 of 195
latest reply

Search all you can on the Adyen site > 

@downunder-61 

The information on their site regarding the requirements necessary to dispute the different types of chargebacks are quite informative.  Unfortunately, eBay most often does not allow sellers on this site to provide that information in a dispute.   Ebay does not have to provide it either. So long as eBay can just pass the debit to the seller,  it is more expedient and less costly than contesting the chargeback on your behalf. 

Message 6 of 195
latest reply

This just another example of eBay being a party to the transaction despite their claim they are just a venue. if eBay is Adyen's customer then they are making decisions in eBay's interest not the sellers or at least their is a clear appearance of a conflict interest when they do not forcefully fight chargebacks. They are making sellers take the full financial hit for the chargeback even through eBay has decided not to fight it. You can add to that conflict eBay's equity stake in Adyen. I would be interested in a lawyer's view on this.

This relationship mirrors relation with DHL for eBay international standard shipping. eBay, not the seller, is the customer for that service. I tried to get help with an issue for DHL for a delayed package and the CS rep said eBay had to make the claim since they were the customer.  Another example of eBay being a party to the transaction.

Message 7 of 195
latest reply

And just how do you expect Ebay or even Ayden to adjudicate every transaction gone wrong?

What “proof” is really proof to a company/customer service who never saw/touched/photographed/packed or shipped the item. Nor did they transport the item, receive it on the other end, open the package, see it and touch it?

Seriously.

Other than delivery confirmation, what “proof” to make judgment decisions and pick a side?

Message 8 of 195
latest reply

Other than delivery confirmation, what “proof” to make judgment decisions and pick a side?

@this*old*attic 

Problem is, they ARE picking a side.  They are picking the "side" which is most monetarily expedient and beneficial to the VENUE, not the parties involved.   Judge, jury, executioner...."it is the credit card company and nothing we can do" and "here is your bonus $20 fee" because the buyer bypassed the eBay claim system. 

If they can get by with this "final word", they will.  There is evidence (here and other ecommerce discussion venues) that eBay is starting to NOT honor their protection policies in the cases of these Managed Payment disputes as well when doing so would cost the venue money.  

Message 9 of 195
latest reply

If eBay is breaking their own policies, that’s a different discussion. 

But I still stand by what I said. 

The venues aren’t security guards at a mall. They have no way to judge so they can’t/shouldn’t be the jury.

What “proof” or fact do they have to make decisions.

Give me some examples of “proof” that would support a case.

Message 10 of 195
latest reply

They have no way to judge so they can’t/shouldn’t be the jury.

@this*old*attic 

Exactly.  Especially when they are in line for a monetary benefit for doing so. 

Message 11 of 195
latest reply

That isn't good enough, someone must "win" a dispute.

Business must proceed. That's the framework.

If I were a company exec somewhere, I'd pick the customer too. They support the whole structure.

And that's okay, because the most people in the system benefit when customers are happy. EBay has already struggled with buyer perceptions, we don't need to make it worse.

Message 12 of 195
latest reply

@glasser wrote:

This just another example of eBay being a party to the transaction despite their claim they are just a venue. if eBay is Adyen's customer then they are making decisions in eBay's interest not the sellers or at least their is a clear appearance of a conflict interest when they do not forcefully fight chargebacks. They are making sellers take the full financial hit for the chargeback even through eBay has decided not to fight it. You can add to that conflict eBay's equity stake in Adyen. I would be interested in a lawyer's view on this.

This relationship mirrors relation with DHL for eBay international standard shipping. eBay, not the seller, is the customer for that service. I tried to get help with an issue for DHL for a delayed package and the CS rep said eBay had to make the claim since they were the customer.  Another example of eBay being a party to the transaction.

I'd like everyone to pay close attention to this post. Think this over for a few minutes.....

Amazon got itself in hot water with the courts, because they too wanted to call themselves just a platform and the "seller of record" or whatever fancy bull they want to label themselves as. However, Amazon got its "jewels" spanked because that just isn't the case. They have too much control, and they are manipulating sales. 

Like Amazon, eBay holds ALL the controls. They are now the ones that PAY sellers, not Ayden. They are the ones who are in control of the shipping, should you buy a label through them (same things for other places like Pirate Ship or Shippo). 

Ayden obviously gives businesses that use them to process payments, more control, more option, more say. eBay is basically telling sellers, IF you encounter a charge back, you are going to lose and if you fight it, we are going to charge you $20 more because we say so. They are not giving sellers a way at all to challenge charge backs. This is taking control of YOUR business and they have moved away from "platform" to business partner. They are dictating polices for your business. They are dictating what money they say you are entitled to. 

Because we pay eBay for shipping and payment processing, and we can't deal directly with the companies they use, those services are for all purposes, derived from eBay. 

At some point, a lawyer or group of them, are going to make a very sloppy mess of all this. Sellers get less control over their own inventory, shipping, and money, every year. There are widespread scams going on with eBay's knowledge of it. There are many, MANY issues, that they keep sweeping under the rug. Pile on the Federal probe, and at some point, this is probably going to boil over/erupt. They are about one viral national news story away from a forest fire. 

Now that's not to say I have some "hate" for eBay. I don't, but their polices are horrible. Buyers should be protected, but sellers should be afforded a decent level of protection too. 

Message 13 of 195
latest reply

You would be correct about that. Adyen's customer is eBay and that is who they will deal with. 

Message 14 of 195
latest reply

You sound just like the standard response you get from eBay on any claim filed by a buyer. It has always been their standard way of washing their hands of the mess. 

Message 15 of 195
latest reply