cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing payouts account. Used ID, Pascode?

Hi, I am updating my account info. Peoples is now M&T Bank. Adding another choice for payouts deletes the original. When doing this I am asked for a user ID and a Passcode. I'm not exactly sure what I'm to use for these. Any advice?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

First off, when one bank takes over another bank the routing and account numbers usually don't change and there is no need to make any changes on eBay.

When you are trying to make a significant change to your account (changing payout info would be a VERY significant change) eBay will require you to log in.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

That is why I'm doing this Jimmy. eBay wants me to update my account info. I have to do it by Nov the 11th. All of my other info has been updated. I found I should delete my Peoples account first, before I add my new bank. I'm guessing the passcode I'm asked for is my password? The user ID must be my eBay name?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes I think so given where you are in the process.

After you add the new account eBay will likely want you to verify, one of the methods usually offered is to have eBay open a window to your bank sign on page, you log in which proves that you control the account. This step should happen AFTER you add the account info. Alternatively they may give you the micro-deposit method.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply