cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in vacation settings?

I'm getting a new knee tomorrow (finally!) so put my store on vacation earlier today and just noticed that my listings are still showing.  I doublechecked my settings and it looks as if there is a change in the wording. Instead of giving the option of hiding a listing, it sounds as if they just put a message on each listing and block buyers from making a purchase. 

It makes me a bit nervous to have my listings showing so I signed into my husband's account and when I put an item into the cart it told me that the seller was not processing orders.  It would be great if someone else tried to use the cart to confirm that ebay really is blocking my listings.  I realize that ebay does say that it can take time for listings to be hidden but I'm positive that in the past vacation settings gave you the option of hiding listings and now I don't see that option. 

This is what I see on .ca. Does .com have the same wording?

When people look at your listings, we'll show them this message.
This seller is currently away until 25/10/17, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later.
Show people the date that you'll be back  

Keep people from buying your fixed price listings while you're on vacation. Your auction style listings will still run as scheduled.
There is a box to check in front of both of those statements.  There are no other options regarding vacation settings other than turning them off or on.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

When putting an item into the cart I see: 

This seller is currently away until Oct 25, 2017, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later.

When clicking on BIN I see:
The seller's store is closed for vacation. Check back later.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That's good to know. Thank you.  It is odd that they changed it...well...maybe it isn't that odd.  They do like change.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You are welcome. All the best to you as you go through surgery and recovery 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

This is definitely something new.  

The message about "not processing orders at this time" has previously only shown up when a seller used the vacation settings' "Hide" option, but a member accessed the listing indirectly such as through a bookmark or their Watch list.  The normal vacation setting message only refers to a delay in shipping, and will let you purchase the item.

The basic Help page about vacation settings hasn't changed (on either .com or .ca).

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Good luck with surgery .

I am in Canada and have my store on vacation, I had to cancel my auctions but was able to hide my fixed price.
I just listed my  auctions again as I will be heading back to the States 

I am seeing 56 items listed for you with this message

pjcn.JPG

I see this if I even try to add any of your items to my cart
Now is this ebay's new way of getting buyers to skip adding items to watch list & offer others that are available now ? 
Same item as yours but available now !

pjcn3.JPG

Message 6 of 6
latest reply