cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cassini and Sales

I am trying to understand what has ocurred the last few months. Cassini has been in use for a few years and there have been slight ups and downs, including just the slower slower seasons but survivable. Ever since eBay implemented the new https and changed the sight a few months ago. Sales have plumetted by about 80%. What changed? Did Cassini change? I am doing everything I can properly so why the plummett and is this permanent. I had 1 sale this weekend. I have never had this happen in the 12 years of selling. I wished an eBay representative would just be honest and explain what is really going on behind the seens so we don't have to keep searching for answers.

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Cassini and Sales

@ted_200 wrote:

@jeweloftheheart wrote:

I am trying to understand what has ocurred the last few months. Cassini has been in use for a few years and there have been slight ups and downs, including just the slower slower seasons but survivable. Ever since eBay implemented the new https and changed the sight a few months ago. Sales have plumetted by about 80%. What changed? Did Cassini change? I am doing everything I can properly so why the plummett and is this permanent. I had 1 sale this weekend. I have never had this happen in the 12 years of selling. I wished an eBay representative would just be honest and explain what is really going on behind the seens so we don't have to keep searching for answers.

Here is what is going on:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying-Selling-Basics/EBAY-WEBSITE-design-FLAW/m-p/27760386#M42648

Remember when Griff said the entire future - and eBay's success or failure - hinged on the Product Catalog and Product Identifiers?  Just read the topic...

eBay has a long history of launching "improvements" that aren't even functional, let alone fully tested and de-bugged, and then spend years trying to "fix" it... I'll give syed an "A" for his effort, but if this was really so important, they should have got it right before launching it, because I don't think this can be fixed by Christmas 2018, and certainly not EVER by going one Camera Lens and one Electrical Tape page at a time...

That is bizarre.  Makes you wonder if Ebay's R&D department is nothing more than a bunch of monkeys with typewriters.

Message 46 of 47
latest reply

Cassini and Sales

Listen to me. This happened to us when cassini was rolled out. 2012 i think, maybe 2013. In one day were were totalyl shut off. Between the last day of may and the first of june. ONE day. It all went dark. We were perfect sellers with years of raving feedbacks, never a return or even a neg. IT NEVER came back. We tweaked listings, titles, the pics were awesome. I waited and waited.... years. List things, no views. nothing. Pulled up stakes and left. It's only recently we listed a few items and seem to be getting some views.

I have a theory and I wear my tinfoil hat proudly. It's CASSINI. I think cassini goes thru all the sellers and there are millions. So it takes awhile, It finds each and every one that is semi small. And turns them off. Now I'm not a tech type... so i dont know if cassini is doing it by id, a-z? area?zone?catagory? sales? what? but something is going on. Gees gosh I hope it comes back for you! But it nver did us. So disappointed because we were loyal ebayers. Sellers and buyer. So now I have absolutely NO RESPECT for this company.

Message 47 of 47
latest reply