Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling after cancelling a cancellation

Help me cancel please!

Buyer makes offer.

I accept offer.

2hours later, buyer pays.

Ten minutes later, buyer requests cancel.

1 hour later, blissful me logs into paypal to buy shipping having gotten no app notifications.

Buyer cancellation is denied.

Buyer messages angry that I claimed to have shipped this when, most post offices are closed.

I open up ebay to find this whole mess.

I message buyer, apologize, and agree to cancel.

Item page says, I cannot cancel.  I mark it as not shipped, I void the label, still "you cannot cancel this item".

Any ideas guys?  Id call in but the call lines are down message is up.  I already told her she will get a refund, she could within reason snad me as a scammer right now for delaying.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Do your best to calm her down. I would personally block someone like this as they are too impatient for me to handle. It really depends on your workload.

Sounds to me the only way to fix this correctly is to call eBay and have them cancel it for you. If you want to do something right now, but take a small risk in losing some final value fees, go and refund the buyer thru the PayPal payment page. That will hopefully keep the buyer quiet. Then you call ebay when you can and explain everything to them asking for them to credit you the final value fee. The agent may or may not agree to this... I'd say oftentimes they should agree.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Do your best to calm her down. I would personally block someone like this as they are too impatient for me to handle. It really depends on your workload.

Sounds to me the only way to fix this correctly is to call eBay and have them cancel it for you. If you want to do something right now, but take a small risk in losing some final value fees, go and refund the buyer thru the PayPal payment page. That will hopefully keep the buyer quiet. Then you call ebay when you can and explain everything to them asking for them to credit you the final value fee. The agent may or may not agree to this... I'd say oftentimes they should agree.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank you, that is good advice. Shes messaged back to say its fine to wait until tomorrow and apologized for wasting my time. Which, I appreciate honesty alot. Thankfully I can now wait for a cancellation, this was my only sale this month and I really do not want to pay fees for zero in sales!
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Can you mark it as unshipped?  It sounds like you were very polite and accommodating.  Most reasobale people respond well to kind replies.  Sounds like you have it well under control!  🙂 🙂

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@siamdao wrote:

Can you mark it as unshipped?  It sounds like you were very polite and accommodating.  Most reasobale people respond well to kind replies.  Sounds like you have it well under control!  🙂 🙂

Yes, I agree with this method. Kill them with kindness and apologize like crazy without really admitting fault (I always like to say apologies for the inconvenience)... it oftentimes calms them down. And the ones who don't are probably hot heads 24/7 anyway.

But I don't think the system prohibited you from cancelling the order because it was marked as shipped... I cancel orders that were "shipped" numerous times. I think you can't cancel because you declined an earlier cancellation request by creating postage... you can't undo that. Ebay would have to step in for you.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Oh for crying out loud. I called in, they said they cannot cancel, i can only refund and call them back in 24-48 hours. 40 minutes on hold, 30 minutes talking to a rep. Thats just to find out my only option is go back and DO IT ALL AGAIN essentially.

This is pathetic.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Sounds like they are too lazy to do something that they probably have to ask a coworker about because they forgot their training and don't know how to do it themselves.

But rather than do that, they'd rather tell you to do the paypal route... which is what I mentioned as the "risky" method. But as long as they are willing to credit you the FVF, it's better than nothing. Ebay agents... gotta love em.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

i would like to cancel a cancelation for the sellers sake
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

i would like to cancel a return in progress because it was the right size
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Let it go, don't ship, tell the buyer you cancelled and you're not shipping, end of story.

Well, unless...

1. You might get a late shipment ding, don't think that's a big deal unless you have more than a few already.

2. Buyer might open an INR request, if that happens refund, if that fails you'd likely have no choice but to let it time out.

You might get a defect there, can you afford one?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply