cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelations

Had my last 4 'sales' cancel or retract their bid. Is there something in the air all of a sudden?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Cancelations

@plumbguru2 

It's become common..

Just be happy they didn't follow through, get the item and then claim INAD or return something other than your product.

Sadly, scams have become so frequent that cancelled bids are almost welcomed- at least a worse problem is avoided.

When a buyer requests to cancel a bid or purchase, always do it.

If you don't, they will cancel it later and that will cost you.

Good Luck

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Cancelations

@plumbguru2 

Winning bidders can request a cancellation. It’s up to the seller how to handle that request. 
1. Sellers can accept the request, just be sure to choose ‘buyer requested’ as the reason. 
2. Sellers can wait 96 hours and if no payment is received, cancel the listing for nonpayment. 

What to do when they don't pay.

This is my go to choice. It gives the deadbeat a strike. I have my Buyer Requirements set to block bidders across eBay who have 2 or more in the last year.

Bid retractions can only happen when the listing is active. 

I add retractors band cancellers to my Blocked Bidder List immediately.

Long term, listing as a Buy It Now with immediate payment required will eliminate those who won’t pay. 

They will still be able to ask for a cancellation. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Cancelations

I think I'm about to get a return on an item because the buyer is too dumb to figure out how to make it work.  So it could always be worse.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Cancelations

I like the Buy it now idea. Don't see where to give a deadbeat a strike or your 'buyer requirements'

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Cancelations

@plumbguru2 

Nonpaying winners are given the strike through the unpaid item process. 

Sellers can block bidders with 2 strikes in a year through buyer requirements. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply