cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain these 50 extra listings....

I have a basic store with 100 listings.  But these extra 50 keep popping up.  I never activate it, it just shows.  They never work.  I cannot find any restrictions on it.  Very strange...

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Many times those promotions have details you need to follow.  The best thing to do is to click the learn more tab for that promotions.  eBay oftens does promotions that give sellers extra free listings.  Go ahead and review the details of that promotions and it should tell you what you need to know.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Every month Ebay gives you 50 free listngs fixed price or auction style. You see the 50 starts on 8/1 and expires on 9/1. These are your monthly free listings and you can use them within the month before they expire. On 9/1 you will get 50 more that will expire on 10/1. This will happen every month unless Ebay changes this offer.

REGARDS

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@km181177 wrote:

I have a basic store with 100 listings.  But these extra 50 keep popping up.  I never activate it, it just shows.  They never work.  I cannot find any restrictions on it.  Very strange...

Hi same as last post, they are appearing for some others with a store & appears to be a glitch not a promotion . 
Also may only be happening for Starter stores as that is what you show posted as well as others from the other thread link.
You have a Starter not a Basic. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Weird-50-free-listings-arrived-last-night-7-1-8-1/m-p/28797927...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Starter-Store/m-p/28794265#M1259789

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@km181177

@labs118

I downgraded from Basic Store to Starter May 3. Never was a non-store seller who would get the 50 free. Am told this is a glitch and appears to be with the Starter Stores. I was told by the other thread to alert the Technical Board to find out how to remove. It has been that way for June 1-June 30, July 1 to July 31, and now with the month renewal August 1-31 still there. I want it removed cause I better not get charged for this extra 50 but my invoice not due until August 15. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

You will get charged for all insertions beyond your 100 free.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I will let ebay know.  It must be a glitch, the more info tab doesn't explain anything, and even if I use up my 100 with the store, I get charged for more.  It never activates.  Thanks, seems others are having the same problem.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect

Hey, got that from your previous posts/thread. But no one knows that at this point. Did send over to the Tech Board with no reply. But thanks. Looks to me this will end up again being an ongoing thread like the no views/watchers unless someone makes the definitive statement it IS a glitch. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Since the counter shows up but it never changes for sellers who have used up their official 100 free insertions, how could it be anything else? That seems to be the very definition of a glitch.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@abfabvintage

Since this is happening to you then why not attend the weekly chat ?
Starts in a few minutes & you can reference them to it being a glitch with starter stores showing the 100 listings that comes with the store  but is also showing the 50 free that is for non stores.

You can direct them to the sellers board with this post link  & advise there are a few posts & all are with the starter store.

Here is the link, they will unlock the thread at 1Pm PT just 6 minutes away
Your chance to talk to staff direct

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Live-Broadcast-amp-Community-Chat-Hour-Wed...

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect

Respect your comment, but since I can't, at this point, use up the 100, I wouldn't know if it was a glitch, or if it is real. Not trying to be negative or stupid, just need to know why it has been there from June 1 through August 31, 2018. I know it is most probably a glitch, but how about all those other sellers (both newbie and seasoned) who don't understand why? That's all. Considering a lot of smaller sellers always asking why they are not getting those free "promotions" I was trying to NOT confuse that with what is going on now. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@labs118

Gosh, labs. I was only trying to get information for me and the poster. But thanks for your info. Been waiting for it to open since the Tech Board hasn't replied yet. Will go there. Appreciate it. And using the famous Seller Board comment: With all due respect. lolol. I just hate that phrase, but that is me. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@labs118

Gosh, labs. I was only trying to get information for me and the poster. But thanks for your info. Been waiting for it to open since the Tech Board hasn't replied yet. Will go there. Appreciate it. And using the famous Seller Board comment: With all due respect. lolol. I just hate that phrase, but that is me. 

Great I am happy your going there, to many years I posted on behalf of others and if it isn't happening to me and I can't supply screenshots etc it is a waste of time. So happy to see you address it as it is impacting you. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@labs118

Well I did what you suggested re: today Q & A. At the very end where I could not reply, I was told it was a glitch, and that I should please tag him other threads (people) that have this problem, is how I read it. I am not going through all of the threads related. Am not a paid employee. They should know who is affected. But thanks for your help. To me, not many answers. And a bit touchy feely for me. lolol. Thanks again. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply