cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer promote listings or start campaign.

Out of nowhere (overnight), I lost the ability to promote any listings on ebay.  Never had an issue, have 100% feedback and will be ranked as top seller on 4/20/24 from what I see (above standard now).  

I go to list some sports cards today and see I can't promote - use chat and get an answer about how ebay's algorithm can put it on and take it away at anytime, but the agent sees I definitely eligible and "it should return soon". 

Has anyone ever encountered this?   I also tried to start a campaign but none of my listings are apparently eligible for that either.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@gurlcat wrote:

Yes.  I would really like to direct you to the (very good) thread about this, especially with all the info provided by @valueaddedresource  but I'm having a total brain fart and cannot remember how to post links here.  -Maybe she'll jump in now that I've tagged her LOL.  

Thanks for the tag @gurlcat  🙂 

@yanks4life83  here's the other thread we have going about this with more details:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Promoted-Listings-ebay-message/td-p/34400923

And the eBay Ads blog post announcing the change with a little bit of info about how it will work once you are able to include auctions in Promoted Listings Standard campaigns starting April 29.

https://www.ebayads.com/2024/04/04/grow-your-business-with-promoted-listings-standard-now-in-place-o... 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There was a post earlier where the seller wasn't able to promote auctions, so maybe it's temp.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

PLE (Promoted Listings Express) for auction-only listings was permanently killed Monday, much to my dismay, but at least I had a week or so notice because I saw the post about it here (now I can't remember how to link thread posts; copy-paste isn't working).  
Anyway, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for people finding out about it after it's already too late, and we should expect to see lots of posts like this in the days to come. 
Starting on the 29th, auctions will be eligible for PLS promotion just like BIN's.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the quick reply.  So in other words, no more express promotion for listings, and we will instead have to start a campaign for any auctions beginning 4/29?  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yes.  I would really like to direct you to the (very good) thread about this, especially with all the info provided by @valueaddedresource  but I'm having a total brain fart and cannot remember how to post links here.  -Maybe she'll jump in now that I've tagged her LOL.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@gurlcat wrote:

Thanks for the tag @gurlcat  🙂 

@yanks4life83  here's the other thread we have going about this with more details:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Promoted-Listings-ebay-message/td-p/34400923

And the eBay Ads blog post announcing the change with a little bit of info about how it will work once you are able to include auctions in Promoted Listings Standard campaigns starting April 29.

https://www.ebayads.com/2024/04/04/grow-your-business-with-promoted-listings-standard-now-in-place-o... 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply