cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers who don’t read ( or understand) description

Please tell me it’s not just me??? I’ve taken to selling on eBay to get some presents for Christmas and I’m regretting it a lot. I’m getting approx 20 + stupid questions a day from people who either can’t read or don’t want to read the description. I’ve had one payment put on hold as buyer not happy with shipping time despite it being as clear as day in the description and a shed load of others who agree to buy then hound me daily for details and need reassurance that the item will fit, be the correct colour, arrive by a set date, the list goes on!  Some people are so needy, I don’t understand why you’d buy something without being clear what you were buying. Don’t get me started on non paying bidders.....that’s a whole new rant. Buyers hounding me with bizarre requests and demands is putting me off the whole experience. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

@muttlymob wrote:

@jason_incognito wrote:

To be honest, the listings on this idea you are posting from are rather lacking specifics and are all but begging for questions.

Bright blue skater dress from naf naf

A line skirt and 3/4 sleeves

Excellent condition

Size U.K. 10

Ditto.

The only listings I see on the OP's ID don't have any measurements.  Most have even less of a description than the one you quote.

So unless there are other listings that aren't showing up, or there is another selling ID, then those skimpy/nonexistent descriptions are contributing to the problem.

And here I disregarded the obvious, took the OP at his word and refrained from saying that the listings may be deficient and lacking in description.  My bad, thank you to those that caught this!

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

ebay and amazon are tapping into a market that they weren't in before: old people who don't know how to use the internet

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Too lazy to read this. The answer is 42 😛
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2018

The problem with zombie threads is that the information in them may be inaccurate or out of date.

DON'T PANIC copy.jpeg

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

I think the old people now were around when the internet began about 25 years ago.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

How about this.

Q: Is this item new/sealed?

A: Yes.

Q: Do you ship the same day?

Q: Do you ship Priority Mail with tracking?

Q: Is this item from a smoke-free home?

Q: Do you offer returns?

AND THEY STILL DON'T BUY IT!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 22 of 22
latest reply