cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants invoice before paying

A buyer I have dealt with before wrote me yesterday and gave me several item numbers. She wanted me to send her an invoice with Combo shipping on the items before paying. She said she could not find her "Request Invoice or the Cart" on several of her items that she was interested in buying. She said the whole page had changed.

I told her I needed her to put her items in a Cart first and then I believe I can send her an invoice. I have the Cart option turned on and combo shipping turned on as well. Does she have to pay first before I send her an invoice? I don't think so, but wasn't sure how to tell her to proceed. Sorry to bother you folks, I just want to help her I've been selling to her for several years.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
3 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm not sure if you can issue an invoice in eBay without confirming a sale - I've never tried. However, if you use PayPal you can send an invoice without issue. You will find invoicing in PayPal under the "Tools" menu. I use PayPal to invoice for sales outside of eBay mostly, but you can use it for eBay sales too. Hope this helps.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yea, unfortunalty PayPal is the only way to send an invoice. I don't thik eBay realizes how many people are not tech savvy enough and I have to walk them through how to add items to a cart to mix items, especially when they want to mix and match to get a sale. Big issues with that and the buy it now costs me .30 each checkout.

• eBay needs to allow us to send invoices to customers who request us to make them.
  • SORT variations alphabetically - which really helps the customer ***HUGE DEAL***
  • BIG ONE HERE! Since I can't create links in messages, it would be awesome to allow me to "attach" a listing to an email. You would be shocked how hard it is for people to understand copying and pasting!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I don't believe there is a way to do that either without confirming a sale. I will try paypal! Thank you!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I'm not sure if you can issue an invoice in eBay without confirming a sale - I've never tried. However, if you use PayPal you can send an invoice without issue. You will find invoicing in PayPal under the "Tools" menu. I use PayPal to invoice for sales outside of eBay mostly, but you can use it for eBay sales too. Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yea, unfortunalty PayPal is the only way to send an invoice. I don't thik eBay realizes how many people are not tech savvy enough and I have to walk them through how to add items to a cart to mix items, especially when they want to mix and match to get a sale. Big issues with that and the buy it now costs me .30 each checkout.

• eBay needs to allow us to send invoices to customers who request us to make them.
  • SORT variations alphabetically - which really helps the customer ***HUGE DEAL***
  • BIG ONE HERE! Since I can't create links in messages, it would be awesome to allow me to "attach" a listing to an email. You would be shocked how hard it is for people to understand copying and pasting!
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I don't believe there is a way to do that either without confirming a sale. I will try paypal! Thank you!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Applying a link in messages would be helpful. I have had customers ask me to do that before too and I  was unable. I thought at one time we could do that, but I might be thinking of another site. Thanks and I will go to paypal and try to do the invoice from there.

Have a great day!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@eastcoastmermaids wrote:

A buyer I have dealt with before wrote me yesterday and gave me several item numbers. She wanted me to send her an invoice with Combo shipping on the items before paying. She said she could not find her "Request Invoice or the Cart" on several of her items that she was interested in buying. She said the whole page had changed.

I told her I needed her to put her items in a Cart first and then I believe I can send her an invoice. I have the Cart option turned on and combo shipping turned on as well. Does she have to pay first before I send her an invoice? I don't think so, but wasn't sure how to tell her to proceed. Sorry to bother you folks, I just want to help her I've been selling to her for several years.

Thanks

Eastcoastmermaids;

1.  We send invoices to buyers all the time through eBay, in fact, if a buyer hasn't  paid eBay prompts you to on the sold item in the action column & also on the header of the sold listing.

2.  Have sent combined invoices thru eBay but not in awhile

3.  Here is a link for your reading pleasure on combining multi purchases thru eBay:  http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/checkout-combined-payments.html

IMHO it is easier to do it all on the same site, especially now that eBay & PayPal are just good busness friends now vs being the former  kissing second cousins..  If something got screwed up on the PayPal side you might have an issue with eBay.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@eastcoastmermaids wrote:

Thanks

If the buyer has clicked the buy button, but not paid yet....  ( this is how it worked for me, but it was a while back)

Go to your sold page, all the items should be blank in the paid field.

next to an item there is a click down for more actions, one should be "combine shipping for this buyer" or some such.

After that you can invoice and put in the correct shipping,  saves the buyer on shipping and fees for you.

Edit missed that this was in a message, tell her not to pay, and when you combine you will send an invoice, then she can pay.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS THERE IN EBAY AN OPTION THAT I SHOULD MAKE FIRST THE INVOICE MANUALY THEN THE BUYER CAN PAY ? I AM INTERESTED BECAUSE I WANT TO MENAGE MY COST OF SHIPPING IN CERTAIN OCASION .CAN ANYONE GIVE ME AN INFORMATION ?THANKS 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply