cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer thinks a package shouldn't be in a town longer than 12 hours, what are they teaching kids ?

Fullscreen capture 672021 103413 AM.bmp.jpg

I am bewildered that people think I somehow have power or authority over the speed of a package once it leaves my hands.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Buyer thinks a package shouldn't be in a town longer than 12 hours, what are they teaching kids ?

How are kids involved? 

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

It was a video game, and they had their dad send me a message as well when I didn't ship it for two whole days (Sunday they are closed and last Mon was a holiday). 

I should have just cancelled this sale.

I can't imagine a grown adult thinking I somehow hand deliver everything I sell like Santa or something.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

People, especially the younger generation, are spoiled by technology and don't realize that some things, like snail mail, have not progressed. They expect everything to be delivered by drone or uber or doordash. 

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Buyers do get "yippy" for their packages.  eBay giving a delivery estimate that is often too short only makes it worse. 

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

if you haven't checked the USPS tracking site, check your tracking number there instead of relying on EBAY tracking of the number.  many times EBAY tracking shows it still in transit but the USPS site shows delivery.  Trust the USPS tracking site over EBAY.  

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Tracking shows the same info. I checked google and PHX is the closest USPS hub, so of course it's going to be there longer. Packages usually speed through towns on the way, and then slow down at the nearest hub before finally going to the buyer's town's post office.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@bargainsandbaubles wrote:

Fullscreen capture 672021 103413 AM.bmp.jpg

I am bewildered that people think I somehow have power or authority over the speed of a package once it leaves my hands.

"Dear buyer,

I received your payment on x/x/2021. 

I printed your postage label on x/x/2021.

The package was accepted by the post office on x/x/2021.

The tracking number is xxx.

Beyond that, I'm not familiar with the post office's procedures.

Sincerely,

Your Seller."

Customer service 101.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@gkn29 wrote:

People, especially the younger generation, are spoiled by technology and don't realize that some things, like snail mail, have not progressed. They expect everything to be delivered by drone or uber or doordash. 

Part of the problem is you can order things with free 2 day shipping. That's great for essentials and other "need it now" items.

eBay doesn't really make any distinction over the size of a seller. Small sellers of maybe 5 employees or less need to be classified and given different and somewhat easier requirements over .com's and large businesses like Dell or BestBuy selling on the same site.

As the other poster pointed out, the delivery estimated need to be changed, and if I recall, weren't changed much at all when the mail slowed down last November, and it's still nowhere near as fast as it used to be.

Some categories are worse than others, and it seems like video games and electronics are the worst for this.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Lol...It's so ridiculous...it makes me laugh. 

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

You get an A+!!  ☺ perfect!

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

What? You didnt pick up you Magic USPS Hat & Wand at the courtesy desk! Shame Shame. LMAO!😂🤣😂🤣😃😀😂🤣

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

HOHoHo🎅

It never ends😐

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I always bewildered why they just dont ask USPS🤤

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Because USPS doesn't have time to answer silly questions like that.  They'll tell you to check package tracking.  

Item purchased: Date

Item shipped next Postal business day: Date

Transit times and locations are at the whim of the USPS and beyond a seller's control.  

(rolleyes) 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 15 of 25
latest reply