cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer says Item not recieved, but tracking shows it was delivered, I responded with the tracking

An item I recently sold is listed as delivered, but the buyer says they did not receive it. They acknowledge, in their message, that they know such a thing is beyond my control.

I responded almost immediately with the tracking information. The buyer has not responded since then and funds are still on hold. It has been a few days. Is there more I have to do? I'm not sure if something has gone wrong with this process.

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Buyer says Item not recieved, but tracking shows it was delivered, I responded with the tracking

@nichsch_4571 wrote:

An item I recently sold is listed as delivered, but the buyer says they did not receive it. 

I responded almost immediately with the tracking information.

The buyer has not responded since then and funds are still on hold. 

From 3 business days onward @nichsch_4571 your buyer has the option to ask eBay to step in and look at your tracking number which shows delivered, then the case will close without a refund and feedback is blocked/ automatically removed if already left.

You could also ask eBay to step in, but it would likely close with a courtesy refund to the buyer, and feedback can be left/will persist. Or contact eBay on Facebook here and the case will close immediately without a refund or feedback.

Otherwise, the case will quietly close without a refund, with no feedback in 21 business days and your funds will be released.

We have no bahamas today.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 21 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Was the tracking number entered on the shipping info?

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

Wait until it closes in your favor. It should close within 5 business days. A request opened today should close out next Thursday, 9/30.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 50
latest reply

Yes. The shipping label was via eBay and I got the tracking number from the sale of that item.

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

you are good to go. one of the few disputes you win if your tracking shows delivered to the address on file with  ebay. use to able to call and and have the case closed  in the same phone call after they checked the tracking. not any more

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

@nichsch_4571 You will be fine, it just takes time to work through the process. That delivered scan is what every seller hopes to acquire and one of the very few actual seller protections on here. Try to remain positive and concentrate on selling other items. In time the case will resolve in our behalf. Also don't get into any back and forth with your buyer. You've already answered them and supplied what was needed. Now all you have to do is wait for resolution. Best of luck to you....

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

It's not clear to me that there is an open formal Dispute about the delivery.

That the funds are on Hold does indicate that, but you don't actually say so.

Am I just being dumber than usual?

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

gjs_16
Guide

Please make sure to enter the tracking number into the open dispute case.

Not just the sales page or any messages, it needs to be entered into the Item Not Received case.

Yes, there is literally a box for that, it asks for a tracking number.

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

I have done this.

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

It has been a little over a week with no progress, and another comment here said it would close after 5 business days. I have the option to ask Ebay to step in and help. Should I do that?

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

I wouldn't; it increases the odds of something going wrong.

That said, a closed eBay case in your favor won't stop the buyer from filing a chargeback with their payment method.   (and whatever you do don't even breathe that idea anywhere the buyer can see it.) 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 11 of 50
latest reply

Frankly, it is annoying that you can't get these cases closed immediately when you upload the tracking number that demonstrates that the item was delivered.  It is the one protection that's difficult to dispute. There really isn't a reason for eBay not to close that case, and release the seller's funds immediately. 

Message 12 of 50
latest reply

"Frankly, it is annoying that you can't get these cases closed immediately when you upload the tracking number that demonstrates that the item was delivered.  It is the one protection that's difficult to dispute. There really isn't a reason for eBay not to close that case, and release the seller's funds immediately. "

And...if you live in the country, like I do, and have IDIOTS that deliver the mail to neighbors there can be all the tracking to my address in the world and it still didn't GET TO ME!!!!  This happens so much that it's a joke around here.  I don't even call the PO anymore.  Don't want the delivery people tossing my stuff in the slough.

We all just drive or walk to where ever the mail was SUPPOSED to go and grit our teeth.  SO, the mail does go astray no matter what delivery confirmation says.............................all those reports are NOT FAKE!

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

What I find more annoying is the fact that eBay requires the seller to enter the tracking information into the case to prove delivery. EBay has access to USPS tracking and in fact import the information into the order information although sometimes that process breaks but they can still access USPS tracking directly just like anyone who has the tracking number can. 

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

@lightlily_arts wrote:

Frankly, it is annoying that you can't get these cases closed immediately when you upload the tracking number that demonstrates that the item was delivered.  It is the one protection that's difficult to dispute. There really isn't a reason for eBay not to close that case, and release the seller's funds immediately. 

There is a reason, it's called time.

On eaby, being patient has its benefits.

Message 15 of 50
latest reply