cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer returned item used/damanged. No partial refund option?

I'm trying to issue a partial refund on the returns page.  Even when I say there's a problem with the return, it is ONLY allowing me to issue a full refund.   What's going on?  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@kroningerallison I'm not the best with policies, but I believe you have to be a Top Rated seller and offer 30-day returns to do a deduction on a return.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The return policy is set up for the buyer. Even if they return a empty box you either refund them or ebay will take the funds out of your Pay pal account and refund them. You have the option to appeal after all of this. If you don't mind spending hours and wasting time. If it is a high dollar item it is worth the effort. I think most sellers don't have enough time to deal with customer service and the written script they read from. As a seller you are limited to very few options when a return is opened.  I have had the same thing happen to me several times and only a couple times have I been able to correct it.  If it is not a high dollar item I would say just refund the buyer and move on because ebay policy sides with the buyer 95% of the time.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You are not wrong, but OP is referring to not having the ability to do a deduction. They do not qualify due to offering 14-day returns. Also I am guessing they aren't Top Rated yet. I found the post with the relevant information.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-fall/seller-protections.html
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

wow - that is lousy.  I'm a TRS, and do offer 30-day returns, so this isn't a huge issue for me, but this seems amazingly unfair.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply