cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer requirements & exclude shipping locations settings STILL not working for Puerto Rico!

This is my second post about the subject because it seems that the first one didn't get taken too seriously before. But in my opinion, this is a serious issue for some seller like me who try to set up their eBay preferences to what they think is the best.

A few month ago I had a buyer from Puerto Rico buying from me, despite the fact I had my "Buyer requirements" & "Exclude shipping locations" settings set correctly to block buyer from Purto Rico as well as other shipping locations I do not wish to ship to:

I have double checked all my settings again when this happened, but they were still all correct, and Puerto Rico was still blocked. I called eBay and they verified all this settings as well and assured me that they were correct and that buyer from Puerto Rico (as well as all other blocked country) will not be able to buy from me.

What a surprise, yesterday February 8th 2018, another buyer from Puerto Rico (not the same buyer as before) buys something from me again. And no, the buyer didn't have an address in the US or used a re-shipping company. His shipping address was indeed in Puerto Rico:

https://imgur.com/WzBbSlQ

And you can even see on the item page that the block for Puerto Rico was STILL in place, which didn't stop that buyer from buying this expensive drive from me:

https://imgur.com/UQUBlRZ

Again, I called eBay today about this issue, and they said they didn't understand why this was happening, so they were going to take screenshot of the sale and my site preferences, and send them to their tech team to investigate.

I am not really posting this all to complain, I did that with eBay already anyway. I just wanted to warn other seller about this issue to let them know that they may start to get sales order coming from country they also blocked.  Right now there is a bug about it and eBay said are working on a fix.

In a meantime, I have been told by eBay that the only way for a seller to get out of this kind of transaction is to cancel it with the reason "something was wrong with the buyer shipping address".

---

Out of subject just for those wondering, yes and as expected, the buyer from Purto Rico is trying to run a PayPal scam now on me to get that expensive item for free. I know other seller on here ship there and never had any problems, but that was one of the reason I wanted to block Puerto Rico to begin with.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Buyer requirements & exclude shipping locations settings STILL not working for Puerto Rico!

You wouldn't have the issue if you blocked PR properly!

I think you were advised previously that you are not using the correct block which is the one in the DOMESTIC section where you can block AK, HI, PR and other protectorates.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I went through those settings again since last post, AND also while having an eBay representative on the phone who also checked on his side to be sure all was set correctly. Despite all this, the block didn't worked.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Post a screen shot of your blocking settings (not from a listing page).

If you did change the blocks to the proper way did you select the "apply to running listings" option?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The listing 162414883943 shows that US protectorates are blocked. It shows as the last blocked location on a very long list.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I have posted those screencap already in the original posting, but they got deleted for some reason. Here are the links to my current block settings again:

https://imgur.com/Hnhp3vq

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Yes I also always be sure to click on "apply to running listings" each time I change something in there. 🙂
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Could of side things to think about.  You can't have writing or logos on your images..  I think it falls under Search Manipulation.

When I see 'USA Seller', my mind says it's an off-shore seller trying to make people think they're in the US since that's where I see it the most.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thre is a separate policy on it:  https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/picture.html

"Not allowed"

"Adding additional text, artwork, or marketing to photos"

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

wrote:

I have posted those screencap already in the original posting, but they got deleted for some reason. Here are the links to my current block settings again:

Yes I also always be sure to click on "apply to running listings" each time I change something in there. 🙂

Thanks........maybe you should look and see where PR is also on the Central America/Carribbean or maybe North America lists in the International section and if so also select them there.

Was the recent purchase from a listing created after you made the changes to your settings, perhaps somehow it didn't get updated even if you did click the button.

Have to mention....looking at your listings is like entering a timewarp!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

Thanks........maybe you should look and see where PR is also on the Central America/Carribbean or maybe North America lists in the International section and if so also select them there.

Was the recent purchase from a listing created after you made the changes to your settings, perhaps somehow it didn't get updated even if you did click the button.

Have to mention....looking at your listings is like entering a timewarp!

The listing was created way after checking my settings, which I did after the first issue, a few month back. And as always I have been sure to click the apply change button.  You can even see the listing the buyer purchased, stating "Puerto Rico" in the country list I do not ship to.

Hehehe, oh really now ? May be I am a bit too old school, back in the day when we all started to have our own HTML pages. 😛

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I believe Jimmy is correct  it is slipping through because you need to check mark PR under  Central America & Caribbean

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

wrote:

I believe Jimmy is correct  it is slipping through because you need to check mark PR under  Central America & Caribbean

Yes I did that as well after getting some feedback last time from some helpful seller on here. Changed nothing toward this sale, and the buyer from PR went through anyway.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply