cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer ordered, immediately wants to cancel, I clicked on Send Refund, and got this error message.

This is such a waste of time!  The buyer ordered, immediately cancelled due to "changed mind."

I tried to check cancellation details, but at every turn I got this message:  

Something went wrong

Please try again

So I tried clicking on Send Refund, and got this message:

A post-transaction case exists on this order, seller refund can’t be triggered.

I've never gotten into this situation before.  Please help!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Buyer ordered, immediately wants to cancel, I clicked on Send Refund, and got this error message.

I talked to Ebay customer service..it is a system issue, they are aware, and are working on it. I got the same error message.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I talked to Ebay customer service..it is a system issue, they are aware, and are working on it. I got the same error message.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your response, @maxvr6 .

I called ebay Customer Support after I posted my question, and got the same response as you did:   they're aware, and they're working on it. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The message when you hit send refund appeared because the cancellation already existed. That's the "post-transaction case" being referred to.

FYI for the future - using Send Refund to cancel a sale is not a good option. Since there's no cancellation when you "send refund" that means eBay's system doesn't recognize the order as cancelled and you'll still be expected to ship.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for the info re using Send Refund, @wastingtime101 .  I was wondering about whether it was okay to do that, but did click on it out of frustration when nothing else worked.  I'm now glad I got that error message.

Happy ending in regards to the buyer has successfully received their refund.

My ebay customer service guy was very nice, so I'm going to give him a good review now.

Thank you again!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply