cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opened a return claim - reason given is not true

10 inch lid -1.JPG

First post here.

Buyer said product doesn't match size in  listing and sent a picture showing product being measured HOWEVER

1) Measuring tape starting at wrong place  - not starting at the beginning of the tape but at 1"  (unbelievable as that is) . 

2) Measuring tape placed on the outside of the lid when lids are measured on the inside. The lid was sold by manufacturer as 10" which is what was in the listing. 

I closed the claim giving explanation as well above picture showing correct way to measure - proving its the correct size (since I have another of the same to sell and sold 1 prior to this as well). 

I won't attach their picture but have attached mine. FYI I sold this new item for $8 shipping and $8 cost. It cost me $11 to ship as its a heavy glass lid. After ebay and paypal fees, made like $1 profit to build rep - have 100% rating. 

Then buyer (who has 98% rating) sent another long message wanting return lable their money back - this time pic they corrected their way of measuring but their message still claims it is bigger, this time the claim is its a quarter inch too big. Initial message claimed it was half an inch too big. 

I am currently on time off since last week as my mom is in the hospital but have been prompt in responding (within hours) to buyer with picture and message.

It's a matter of principle. What would you do as next steps? 

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

I agree with taking a stand.  I am in the process of getting scammed by a buyer right now and will post more details soon.

Perhaps if more sellers actually fought back, eBay would do something.  This is extortion and fraud, and these people should be reported to law enforcement.  I had overwhelming and incontrovertible evidence that I was being scammed, and eBay didn't care.  It's a joke.  eBay should be reported to law enforcement as well honestly, as they are aiding and abetting criminals.  If enough people complained, we could probably get an investigation done into eBay by a news outlet.

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

Just wanted to thank everyone who helped with suggestions. The negative feedback was removed.  

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

UPDATE -

Buyer contacted Paypal with the same issue saying ebay didn't help them (while 'my' item was still listed for sale). Paypal asked them to return product (on their dime at least) for a full refund. This despite providing all details including the seller listing my item with the same specs.

Paypal asked me to provide shipping address which I did (even though it is on file). Within 3 days paypal said it closed the case in buyer's favor and refunded their money (they don't need to send item anymore!) as apparently I had not respond.

I had responded within hours as requested. I called and even attached a file in the account as proof and they said sorry system error on paypal's part. Too bad. Nothing can be done.

I called Paypal again and they said they will credit my account that amount. Nothing happened.

I called Paypal again and finally received the credit. 

Whew the things one does for principles.

I didn't realize there are so many bad people out there. 

Message 33 of 33
latest reply