Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer hasnt paid. Why wont ebay allow me to cancel

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You don't have to do anything.

After 96 hours (four days) eBay will automatically Cancel the transaction, return any fees to you, give the deadbeat a Strike, and relist your item. The deadbeat cannot leave feedback.

If you personally cancel, the deadbeat goes scot free, and you have to relist manually. The deadbeat can leave feedback.

You will have ten times more unpaid items if you use Auctions.

You can list as Fixed Price /Immediate Payment Required and your items will remain visible for 30 days or until someone pays up.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@femmefan1946   The cancellation is NOT automatic.  A member's site preferences can be changed to automatically cancel an unpaid transaction after 4 days or more, but the default is to do it manually. Sellers who had already set up the Unpaid Item Assistant were opted into the automatic cancellation. PLEASE read the Help page about this.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

How long ago did the listing end?  If it has been more than 4 full days (i.e., 96 hours), then the list of reasons for cancellation should include buyer didn't pay.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@tahast62 

After 4 days if you have not opted to have eBay automatically cancel a sale for non payment you will be presented with the option to cancel as "buyer did not pay".

This procedure replaced the old way where we had to open an unpaid item (UPI) dispute and wait 2 more days.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@tahast62 

After 4 days if you have not opted to have eBay automatically cancel a sale for non payment you will be presented with the option to cancel as "buyer did not pay".

@tahast62 

Just emphasizing this comment.

If you do not see the option to cancel for nonpayment, that means the time allowed for payment has not elapsed. You will not see the option until the full four days has passed; i.e., on day five.

P.S. Manual cancellations will be available after four full calendar days. The automatic cancellations, if selected, occur after 96 hours.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply