cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Refund - returned item - No case open...

Hello, I need some help...

I've accidentally sent an incorrect item to a buyer which was raised via ebay messages from the buyer.

The buyer has not opened a case for this and been messaging through Ebay.

Will I get a credit for the Ebay fees paid if I just refund the buyer or will a case need to be opened to get the fees refunded to me...? Or does a case need to be opened for me to get the fees refunded?

Hope someone can advise....

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

ypu have to open a return case thru ebay to get any fees back

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This was YOUR mistake and you are going to be out some money.

Sorry.

If you want the item you sent back, you will have to send the buyer a Return Shipping Label.

If you still have the correct item, you still owe it to the buyer, no matter what else he might have received by accident.

If he just wants a refund, you have to refund. You should not demand the return of the incorrect item, with or without a return shipping label, before refunding.

If the buyer doesn't want the correct item at this point, you can cancel the transaction as Buyer Request and you will get your fees back and will not get a Defect.

You can refund directly from your PP account.

This again is not related to the original mistake and getting the sent item back.

You made the mistake, and we have all done something equally embarrassing so no one is criticizing you, but you have to accept the consequences.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply